anyone with a extra Astro Saber 1 VHF

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

I have a original Saber 2 VHF and looking for a VHF saber1 body to swap out for.

what features can a AS 1 do ?
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

I don't get it. You want what now?, to swap a saber II for a saber I.
I'm sure I read something wrong here but that's what it sounds like.

mancow
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

From what I get, I think he wants to have a trade for a Saber II for a VHF ASTRO saber I ???? Did it get it right ? :smile:
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

yep

I have a saber 2 120 channel that id like to trade for a 32 channel Astro Saber 1

and wondering what features the Astro 1 has
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Astro Saber, I dont have a radio for swap for ya, but I can tell you that the feature set on any astro saber 1 would depend on the flashcode, as well as the bandsplit.
It would have 32 modes, 16 each zone, Zone would be selectable with the a/b switch on the top ofthe radio.
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

yes I know I dont really need more than 32 channels and if i remeber the Astro 1's still where capable of scan.

this is more of a scanner then anything else. I just like the ruggedness of a Saber. unlike a regular scanner which shatters if aidentally dropped

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”