Programming MDC Page alert

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny »

Hi guys,

Have an interesting question which I hope someone can answer. We need to program some XTS3K and Astro Sabres with MDC paging. The client uses MDC signalling to alert users of urgent messages. We can get the portables to accept the page alert, where they beep to alert the user. Problem is the client wants the radio to beep for two or three seconds, and then unmute without user input. We have played with the Sel Call parameters with no success. Any ideas where in the RSS it is. We are using CPS1.02.

Thanks

Bugs
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

Well, I havent mess with those astro alot before, but, on my MT2000, and my maxtrac, there are 2 diffrent kind of paging, if am right, there is one that is Selective call, which just beeps the radio 3 times only within 1 sec, but the Call Alert, once the radio recieved the page, it will keep beeping until the user turn it off.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

You should be able to get Select Call to do what you want, with the exception of beeping for any more than the standard one time double beep. On some display radios (our HT1250s for example) the display will show "Call Received" alternating with the calling unit ID, and a double flashing LED until the unit meets its manual or automatic reset requirements. On my Astro Saber, I just get a brief alert message that clears itself after a few seconds (Any ideas anyone?). If i'm away from the radio I miss it.

WIth the call alert, you will get the quad beep, repeating every ten seconds or so until reset. On individual calls, you can also elect to receive an automatic acknowledgement that the radio received the call. On the down side, the repeating alert tones will mute out the received audio while they are sounding, so the user may miss part of the message if they don't hit reset in time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HumHead on 2002-03-10 01:17 ]</font>

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”