New Astro Mobiles coming?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

With all the newer portable Astro products, has anyone heard if Motorola is planning on phasing out the Astro Spectra with a unit along the likes of a MCS2000 looking unit?

I personally don't think they are, but radios with all sorts of flashy displays and gagets seem to be gaining sales in the public safety market lately.
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

When I was in DC for the last 2 weeks I saw a prototype mobile that uses a new type of display, it was a 4 line 20 charater LCD with an Indiglo backlight, it was great. The radio had 512 channels, 110 watts and had a small remote head, not to many buttons and a channel knob. The TX/RX pack was about the same size as a Spectra 110 w unit. The Federal agency that was testing it had 20 in the field in different parts of the country and they guys loved it. It is also availble with the W-3 type head with the cool display. They said they would be getting them in Jan 2003

Stan
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Well, I just got back from Schaumburg, no news of any new style Spectra's, although, they are introducing a new Astro Spectra Plus series, supposed to have 8 meg of memory, 512 modes etc., etc.. Possibly the first ones will be dual band700/800 Mhz.
Of course, this is what I physically saw and just repeated what I was told, the actual product may have a few more/less features. SG

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”