DSP & FIRMWARE ISSUE

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

HI, Can anyone tell me if the following two sets of info are compatible?

I have two astro saber radios which work fine in conventional mode(s), but for some unknown reason,they cannot talk to each other while in Astro Mode,
(All settings on both radios are the same),
Radio A transmits to radio B, and audio comes out of radio B just fine. Radio B decodes an ID of 2 just fine.
BUT when I transmit from radio B to radio A, radio A does not un-mute. No channel busy light, etc....

I have checked the info in both codeplugs 5 times over and are identical.

Could it be the different DSP??

Here is the info from both radios:
Radio A:
f/w 07.06.01.00
dsp N07.03.19

Radio B:
f/w 07.07.00.00
dsp N07.03.20
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Check your digital carrier squelch and modulation type settings. Make sure they're identical.

Those are 1 meg firmware revisions, and they're Astro 25 trunking compatible, I think. I can't see why they wouldn't be compatible.

Check those settings. If they're matched, it has to be a firmware or DSP compatibility issue. If you have a DSP version that has a known problem, you MAY be eligible for an upgrade at no charge. I'd ask, anyway.

Elroy
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

OK, I checked and I still cannot find anything different, so I figured that I would just clone one to the other and then go in and change the specifics like ID's , etc..

I get some error message telling me that there has to be a system key associated w/ each trunked system, etc,etc..

1) I am not using trunking and #2, I don't believe that I have ant type of trunked system set up on that radio.

Short of trying to find and then use lab to do a clone, which I dont want to do since these radios are new, legit, and working 100% other than this situation, I would like to copy EXACTLY whats in one unit into the other w/o having to re-key every piece of data.

HELP
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

I think I am half way there, as I just changed both radios to Digital Modulation Type: WIDE and both talk to each other now, but there was about a 4 second delay until one radio's squelch opened up to receive the other radio.

Guess I just have to keep tweaking a setting here & there till I get it right.

Elroy, Thanks for mentioning those two areas to check on.

Happy Easter & should you have any comments on my recent update, please post them.
Pro RF

Post by Pro RF »

Have you tried the Digital RX unmute rule thingy?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”