xts3000 Accessories adapters

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Cpd014
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by Cpd014 »

When i connect my ear peice 3.5mm jack to the adapter the radio automatically stays keyed with out me even pressing the transmitter key what am i doing wrong?
watchbuddy

Post by watchbuddy »

what adapter are you using? is it a jedi adapter?
Cpd014

Post by Cpd014 »

yeah its the jedi adapter it fits other radios as well the same thing happend to me on the HT1000 Series radio as well so i know its me doing something wrong.

And if this is the same watchbuddy from eaby the astro xts3000 you sold me on ebay is working out great i programmed it and its working out very beautiful. :smile:
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

I ran into the same problem with that adapter. It seems to only accept threaded plugs whereas the remote mics accept any style.

My solution was just to buy the earpiece with threaded plug. And unfortunately Moto doesn't make the dual earpieces anymore.
watchbuddy

Post by watchbuddy »

Glad to hear that all is well with the radio And if not Please call me so I can get it repaired free of charge of course. I am ready to assist you in any way with that radio and/or other questions who may have send me an e-mail and I will respond..

As far as the ear jack is concerned Yes! the others are right you can only use the threaded ear jack through the accessories connector. Well good luck and happy to hear that all is well...........
Cpd014

Post by Cpd014 »

I guess you can only get that threaded ear peice jack from motorola because i went to the local radio shack and they looked at me like i was from mars when i asked for that?
Cpd014

Post by Cpd014 »

I think motorola has what i was looking for its not that expensive so I will just go that route, but you all answered my question on the adapter issue. Thanks alot!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”