XTS3000 Apco25 Digital

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jwood

Post by jwood »

Question for someone here on the board..

I have a xts3000 radio for my work that was issued to me, I was told if the radio was missing or "stolen" the communications center could remotely over the air shut the radio down. is the radio shut down via the Serial number of the radio or the radio Number that is programmed into to durring RSS programming?

Thanks all...
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

Has anyone had the chance to test a radio by inhibiting it while the radio is set for Transmit Inhibit?

Theoretically the radio could receive the send but not sent the ack in. I wonder if blocking the ack would do anything.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

If the radio doesn't affiliate, the control channel won't see it, it therefore cannot be shut off, even if it is, read the radio and re-program it and the problem goes away. If you want to have a real good time, program the radio ID# the same as the System Watch terminal. Kinda hard to shut you off when your trying to do so with the same ID #, of course the sys administrator can turn off the ID as well, but since most don't know what their terminal ID is, they will kill their own equipment as well, you can bet that ID will be turned back on..... till they figure out how to re-program the ID for the sys watch. I don't recommend this, unless of course you like to wear orange.
SG
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

SG, I wanted to say that as I was somewhat amused reading your suggestion with teh system watch, I lost it after seeing the wearing orange thing.... Way to go for a laugh>>>
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Even if a radio is set to TX inhibit (and no Motorola radio that I know of offers this option in a TRUNKING personality except the TXIN soft menu on Astros), if the command is sent to inhibit that radio ID, the radio WILL transmit the acknowledge command and go dead.

If you disable the remote monitor/radio inhibit feature in the RSS (it appears in more than one location), that should keep a radio from being susceptible to inhibiting, but I'm not 100 percent sure of that.

Use the same radio ID as the dispatch console!

Elroy
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

On 2002-04-09 09:27, Elroy Jetson wrote:

If you disable the remote monitor/radio inhibit feature in the RSS (it appears in more than one location), that should keep a radio from being susceptible to inhibiting, but I'm not 100 percent sure of that.

Elroy
That only applies in conventional MDC systems. Radio Inhibit is an intrinsic part of 6809 (or higher) trunking systems, and the fact you cannot disable it on the radio end is one of the selling points of the systems.

Todd

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”