when receiving it cuts out

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Larry

Post by Larry »

I've got an Astro Saber 3 UHF band radio. When monitoring a single channel, occasionally during the middle of receiving a transmission the radio cuts out as if it's checking a priority channel. I do not have any priority channels programmed and this situation occurs when not in scan mode. It seems to happen regardless of what channel I'm monitoring.
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

I have had that happen once on my astro saber.
Could have possibly been the dispatcher's fault but I found it suprising to say the least since the system was new and that it did sound like it was sampling another mode.

Anyone have an idea?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I found that when mine did it, the squelch level was WAY up. Bringing it down a couple notches solved the problem. This was happening with a strong repeater...

Other than that, I am lost. (as usual)
Larry

Post by Larry »

currently my squelch is set at level 6, which is lower than the default level. I'll try lowering even more. Thanks.
d119

Post by d119 »

Also try verifying that you aren't running 2.5kHz audio deviation and 12.5kHz channel spacing in the Conventional Modes --> F9 More Options menu. I had a problem with my Astro Saber III clipping audio one on particular channel (and the audio sounded like s***), I found that I had the settings wrong for channel spacing and audio deviation. For 20/25kHz spacing, audio deviation should be 5kHz. For 12.5kHz audio spacing,deviation should be 2.5kHz.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”