Won't unmute

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Larry

Post by Larry »

I've got an Astro Saber III uhf, it fails to unmute on channel 1. I have the fine tune squelch set at 2. If I monitor the channel it recieves... It's almost like the PL isn't breaking squelch, but the PL tone is correctly programmed. This seems to be a recent problem, the radio was working perect 2 weeks ago. The radio currently works perfect RX'ing and TX'ing on all other channels. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
chad_g69

Post by chad_g69 »

my radio did this on channel 9 (Digital LAPD Van Nuys Dispatch)
i deleted the personallity, and re-created it... works fine now...

chad
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

I've seen this issue on radios that had old firmware (version 3 something DSP and HOST under 5) when they were programmed with newer RSS, like version 9. I think there's an issue with the firmware support for older radios in the newer RSS. So, what version of RSS are you using, and what are your HOST and DSP firmware versions?
chad_g69

Post by chad_g69 »

On 2002-04-14 11:15, Elroy Jetson wrote:
I've seen this issue on radios that had old firmware (version 3 something DSP and HOST under 5) when they were programmed with newer RSS, like version 9. I think there's an issue with the firmware support for older radios in the newer RSS. So, what version of RSS are you using, and what are your HOST and DSP firmware versions?
Elroy Jetson - check your private msgs for my radio info... runing RSS 9.01.00

chad
by the way, this problem occured when i disabled encryption... maybe that had something to do with it.. (my radio has the encryption module for digital and analog encryption..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chad_g69 on 2002-04-14 17:29 ]</font>
dvpman

Post by dvpman »

I had this same problem but I have enabled the paging option in MDC and would only unmute for the first 10 seconds once switched to that channel.

good luck

Mike

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”