MTR 2000 TX PL

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astrocom
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: xts5k, xts2.5k,astro spectra

MTR 2000 TX PL

Post by Astrocom »

I have interfaced an MTR 2000 repeater to a CAT 1000 controller.
The controller does not have a PL board in it, so I am using the PL decode/encode function of the MTR.
The MTR seems to only tx pl when the correct pl is present on the input signal.
I am using the ext ptt funtion and am feeding tx audio into the aux tx audio in.

Is there a way to program the MTR to tx pl whenever it sees an ext ptt ?

I am trying to get the repeater to tx pl during messages and cwid's being generated by the controller.

The MTR has the wildcard option.

Thanks
Tom
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

I think what you have working is what John's does without the wildcard board. You should send him your board so he can make his do weird things, then yours will work the way you want it to. Does that make sense???

Bob M.
Astrocom
Batboard $upporter

Post by Astrocom »

kcbooboo wrote:I think what you have working is what John's does without the wildcard board. You should send him your board so he can make his do weird things, then yours will work the way you want it to. Does that make sense???

Bob M.
Now I know how you got up to 365 postings on this board.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Well, since 2004 is a leap year, let's get one more today.

The counter keeps track of all replies as well. If I have something to add, and I'm fairly sure about my information, and no one else has said it before me, then I add my $0.02 worth. I just thought it was interesting that John's unit without the board seems to do what you want yours to do, and he wants the board to do something else with his. Now if we can get John to read this posting, he can have as much of a laugh as you and I are.

At least there's no desense on this repeater...

Bob M.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

The unit will not output PL/DPL when the 'external PTT' is mapped in the RSS to 'Aux Tx Audio'. If possible, map it to 'wireline' and feed the tx audio in through the wireline...if you have a wireline board in the unit. Otherwise, you may have to route the audio & PTT in through the front mic connector.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

The MRTI connector will also TX PL.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
Will

Post by Will »

The MARTI connector also has the PL Strip function so the IDer does not send the PL tone.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Not that you want to go through all the interfacing problems again, but I used the MRTI connector on my MSF5000 repeater with my CAT200 controller. The newest firmware for that unit can control TX PL, but the polarity was opposite to what I needed, and I didn't acquire that functionality until I had already finished interfacing things. On the MSF5000 the PL DISABLE line must be grounded to turn off PL; the CAT controller grounded a line to activate PL, so I would have needed an inverter between the two. I just didn't provide for that in the initial design.

My biggest problem with the signals on the MRTI was the lack of a usable and consistent COR indication. Maybe they did it better on the MTR2000.

Bob M.
Astrocom
Batboard $upporter

MTR 2K

Post by Astrocom »

This unit has the wireline option also. I am going to try feeding the tx audio threre and change the audio route via rss.

TR

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”