Help ASTRO Error indicate [FAIL01/92]

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hrt

Post by hrt »

Help!!
I'm JAPANESE (I live in JAPAN.)
I have ASTRO SABER-III (VHF)
(This radio was bought with ebay.)

It failed write RSS.
This radio indicate [FAIL01/92] when the power on.
Though it tried it, a thing to write again can't be written by all means.

Please teach me if you know following either.

1. Is there a method to program again?
2. The radio shop where it can request for a repair. (inside the United States)
3. How to ask America MOTOROLA for the repair worst.

And the dealer who registers MODAT in MOTOROLA and who can ask it is being looked for, too.

Please give me information, Person who knows a method or radio shop which can be repaired.

I will try the method.
Or The radio shop will be asked for the repair.

Thank you!!
ke6iyc

Post by ke6iyc »

[quote]
On 2001-09-10 14:05, hrt wrote:
Help!!

It failed write RSS.

Try deleting chanels.

Put no more than 195 chs. in the radio.

FL 01/92 is an EEPROM overflow error.

Hope this helps
"Intelegence Everywhere, Motorola Inc.",
What an Oxymoron, or is it just Moron?
hrt

Post by hrt »

On 2001-09-14 02:07, ke6iyc wrote:
On 2001-09-10 14:05, hrt wrote:
Help!!

It failed write RSS.

Try deleting chanels.

Put no more than 195 chs. in the radio.

FL 01/92 is an EEPROM overflow error.

Hope this helps

Thank you information.
I'm Re-challenged recover.(save radio and clone radio)

The unacceptable error which was still written was indicated.
(Only 15 channels are programmed.)

The shop which took a repair was found.
(There was a writing from the store in this HP before the renewal. I wrote down an address by chance.)

Thank you very much Everyone fothe information.
Don

Post by Don »

did you install a new mln,board or a new controller you can email me at N8LPJ@msn.com
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Error 01/92 is an internal EEPROM checksum
failure. It is NOT an EEPROM OVERFLOW error according to the service manuals.

Either it's a corrupt codeplug or the radio needs to see a doctor. Make several attempts to put in a good codeplug (try a few different types via lab if you have it) and if that doesn't work, the next thing to do is to open the radio and make sure that there are no bent connectors or broken or missing connector pins, or any other physical abnormalities.

If that doesn't do it, it's probably time for a new vocon board. Put the original codeplug back into the radio, whether it works or not, and then read it and write it back to the radio using NORMAL, not lab, RSS before sending it to any shop. You don't want it to say that it was last programmed by a lab program.

As for deleting channels, I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with it. I've loaded up over 240 channels with LOTS of extra features and never ran out of room.
Astros have enough memory that you can ignore that particular suggestion most of the time.
Meaning that I've never encountered any situation where the radio ran out of memory for the codeplug, and I don't even think it's possible.

Elroy
hrt

Post by hrt »

Dear, Elroy

Sorry.
A reply was delayed.

Thank you information and advice.

I try some possibility when your mention is read.
Then, specifying of the cause will be done to write it.
Various repairs are tried in the mind.

This HP and board are very helpful.
I cheer you so that it may be loved forever and ever to the power user by a beginner.

hrt
junkyardnut

Post by junkyardnut »

Hey Elroy, here's one way to overflow the EEPROM. Put in all 255 personalities, then put in a whole bunch of scan lists with 15 channels each, then programm a boat load of call lists and phone lists.....then...hit...the...F8...key.

Yup...I was bored one fine day.
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Go one better.

Load up all aliases for all 8 statuses and all 8 messages.

Enable unlimited call/page on all systems, all modes. (Astro, MDC, whatever you've got)
Aliases for all 19 ID's in storage.

16 hardware encryption keys named, plus 5 S/W keys named as well.

Yeah, you can probably do it but it's crazy.

I wonder how many individual different trunked systems (different system ID's) can be put into the radio at once?? That takes more data than a conventional channel, you know.

Elroy
junkyardnut

Post by junkyardnut »

Don't try this at home...people.
kb1dvg

Post by kb1dvg »

According to Motorola the 01/92 is an E-Prom error at least they want you to think so. This happened to me one day while trying to program my XTS3000. Ver 9.00 wouldn't work so I started messing with the Depot RSS and Bam there was a problem. They say that's how they find illegal RSS there. Luckily the radio was under warranty and they fixed it for free as well as putting a new case on it.
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Interesting. Toolproofing, in other words.

They're just ASKING for trouble, then. Motorola was told by the courts that inserting toolproofing code into their radios constitutes propagating a computer virus in an electronic device, and it is ILLEGAL for them to do that.

The catch is, it takes illegal software to set it off. Sort of a Mexican standoff. If they accuse you of having illegal software, you accuse them of inserting computer viruses in the radio's firmware in direct violation of a court order, and it gets nowhere.

I had a thought...to the original poster, are you using the RSS in true DOS mode, and NOT in a window? You HAVE to restart your computer in DOS mode or the RSS won't work properly and may write errors into your radio. Windows must NOT be loaded, period.

It's best to have a laptop that doesn't even have Windows IN it for programming via RSS.

Elroy
hrt

Post by hrt »

Thank you Everyone.

I asked that question(repair) JAPAN & US MOTOROLAs.
They said, "I can repair radio. But I can't reprograming.
Because, it is a national defense secret.
The radio is the thing which only use in the American police(FD) and the military is made.
(But, even the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force is partly being used.)
A normal program request document from the police is necessary for the digital technology."

Such an answer has been sent from them.
Though I could repair it, it was found out that it couldn't make a program again.
aaron_tech

Post by aaron_tech »

There was a published SRN about the 01/92 and 01/90 error on MOT online. Check it out it will help I think. It had something to due with radio produced around aug 2001 to jan 2002.

Aaron
chad_g69

Post by chad_g69 »

i have 254 channels... 16 status names, 16 messages name, 8 phone numbers, 2 hardware encryption keys, 1 software encryption key, 4 scan lists, and unlimited calling, 3 astro systems, 4 mdc systems, and 2 modat systems... no problems here, all works just fine..

chad

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”