Flashcode options questions...

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

alex
Administrator

Flashcode options questions...

Post by alex »

I might be getting an XTS3000, and I have a couple questions about what some features do... Hopefully you guys can elaborate :)

Q387 Conventional voting scan
H29 Single key Software Encryption Option
H07 Multikey software encryption

With the H29 and H07 options, does that mean that you can use non-hardware based encyrption and essentailly enter a key into the RSS, and go nuts? I doubt I have a correct understanding of this.

Thanks guys. :)
willbartlett
Batboard $upporter

Uh Oh...

Post by willbartlett »

Hi Alex.

Does this mean your ht-1550 is, I can't even bring my self to type it, you know, the "O" word? (obselete)? :o

Bad News?

Or are you just getting another toy?

Will
alex
Administrator

Re: Uh Oh...

Post by alex »

willbartlett wrote:Hi Alex.

Does this mean your ht-1550 is, I can't even bring my self to type it, you know, the "O" word? (obselete)? :o

Bad News?

Or are you just getting another toy?

Will
Nah, I don't think so - it's a cool radio. I'm being presented with a pretty tempting offer, and I want to explore all my options, and understand the features I'm getting with it. I like the 1550 - it's an awsome portable. However, having an XTS would be quite cool, and go nicely with an Astro spectra (if I buy one too). I think that would complete my "lust" for more toys for a while.

-Alex
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

What exactly does Conv Voting scan do for you?
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

For me? I have no idea - I don't have the radio, I'm just looking at different options and trying to figure out what their pupose is, and how they work.

Just doing some research :)

-Alex

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”