XTS3000 Mod 1 - LED flash during scan?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astrosaber

XTS3000 Mod 1 - LED flash during scan?

Post by Astrosaber »

I'm new to these non-display radios, so I need to ask...

Is there any way to make the LED flash when in scan? It's a :o to tell what the radio's doing without a display, and I'd really hate to give up two zones just to slave the ABC toggle to scan functions.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I've never seen a Model I before, so I have to ask...does it have the 2-position concentric switch? If so, you could use that for scan on/off...unless you're using it for secure/clear, of course. Even so, you could use the secure/clear strapping method for encryption to free up the switch.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Jason

led flash

Post by Jason »

Nope, no LED flash. I would settle for a different sounding beep for scan enable/disable like the waris radios have, but nope, we cant have that either on a high tier radio. :roll: Heck, a CP200 will even do that.

Geesh

I would also recommend using the concentric switch for scan on/off, but then you have no where to put scan list program. Just use a side button, and train your users get used to what there primary channel sounds like, or use the priority alert beep.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Next question....

Is the radio setup for sullvaince mode, and are the lights/LED option turned off?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Astrosaber

Post by Astrosaber »

Pj wrote:Next question....

Is the radio setup for sullvaince mode, and are the lights/LED option turned off?
Good question - I thought that was enabled on a mode-by-mode basis, but I'll check.

Thanks, all, for the comments - yes, it's secure equipped, so the concentric is already taken.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”