Motorola GM300 Corrupt Codeplug

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PHOTOlink

Motorola GM300 Corrupt Codeplug

Post by PHOTOlink »

Trying to progam a 16 ch. gm300-starts and reads codeplug then i get an ERROR 58 which i have learned is a corrupt codeplug.

Am i screwed, or is there a way for me to reset the board so i can re-program the radio? Or is there an archive dos file that i can load in to clear it out...?

many thanks

Adam
vasureddym
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by vasureddym »

hi!
you shouls have taken a backup of the .mdf file before modifing.!!
PHOTOlink

Post by PHOTOlink »

purchased the radio 2ndhand from someone, so no backups, no nothing besides bracket, mic and powercord
PRR
Batboard $upporter

Post by PRR »

What's the model number? I might have a codeplug I can send you.

Henry
PHOTOlink

model number

Post by PHOTOlink »

M34GMC20D3AA

FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER, this was really an 8 channel radio that was forced via software to go 16 channel...although I'm not sure I am totally correct on that..

It reads the codeplug up to block 16, then i get a beep and Error Code 58

many thanks
EKLB
Gone...as per his request

Post by EKLB »

If this is true then id expect that your radio probably works on the now programmed freqs.

And if the radio was originaly 8ch and someone hexed in the additional 8chs to get 16 total and did not bother to hex the model number as a 16ch model = then yes id expect to see the error 58.

So your problem may very well be that the software has read the radio as an 8ch model but found extra that didnt add up so you got the error code.

If you hex your radios model number to the 16ch model rather than the possible 8ch model number you have now you might be able to read / write to the radio assuming this is your real problem.

I dont believe you can take a 16ch code plug and try to clone it into your radio as it sounds like the program still identifies it as an 8ch model which will result in a mismatch and walla error code 58.

If your going to try to clone a code plug back into this radio and if it is indeed being read as a 8ch model then you will need to clone a 8ch code plug with the exact specs as to wattage/freq spread /12.5 or 25 khz bandwidth ect for it to be accepted as a match and clone back to normal
factory specs.

From the model number you posted your GM300 is a 25 watt /438 to 470 mhz /25khz wide band model / and yes a confirmed 8ch logic bd .

Otherwise consider hacking the radio properly to allow it to become the 16 ch model.

GM300 radios can be a challenge but it can be done.

You can even get them to do 40 ch but im not recomending the weak of heart to attempt it unless they feel confident in doing so.

EKLB
PRR
Batboard $upporter

Post by PRR »

M34GMC20D3AA

FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER, this was really an 8 channel radio that was forced via software to go 16 channel...although I'm not sure I am totally correct on that..
Is that the model number displayed in the RSS when you read the radio, or simply from the barcode label on the bottom of the radio?

Henry
PHOTOlink

model #'s

Post by PHOTOlink »

M34GMC20D3AA on sticker

M34GMC20D3

WHOA!

good point! what does this mean??!!
PHOTOlink

gm300

Post by PHOTOlink »

frankly, i only care about getting this radio working, and i don't care if it gets back to its original state of only 8 freguencies...16 channels for me is NOT a problem, so if anyone has a codeplug i can upload...

adam

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”