Sad news:

General announcements and news about the forum.
alex
Administrator

Sad news:

Post by alex »

Monty Sisco passed away last night, around 11:30PM due to a heart attack.

It was a very sudden, unexpected - and his family is in shock.

Monty was very well known and respected individual person on the board - a great contributor, and took his time to help everyone out - big and small.

I'm working to get more information for everyone regarding what is going on. Ken is working to straighten out Monty's business - if you were in the middle of something with Monty, Ken will work to make resolution with you. Continue to get in contact with his family at msisco9939@aol.com.

Monty was a very well respected individual, and he will be missed.

-Alex

UPDATE:

I have spoken with Monty's wife this evening, and she told me that it would be OK to put their address here for people if you want to send cards/flowers, etc. I asked about services, and it is going to be a private family service, so I have no further information regarding that. I am going to be sending them flowers tonight on behalf of all of us on the board, but i'm sure your thoughs, prayers, what have you would be very well recieved in cards.

Address:

2466 Casement Street
San Diego, CA 92123

[ note: origional thread disappeared from the database, which had some words from Ken his son. I feel very very bad about this. If people would post their comments again, I'm sure Ken will be checking back here -Alex]
Last edited by alex on Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

What a shame... his contributions, insights and knowledge will be sorely missed here on the board and elsewhere.

He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Mony, you will be missed by all.

To his family I offer my deepest regrets and condolences on your loss and in this time of sadness. God Bless and may he Rest in Peace

Signed,

James S. Vooght
FireGuy
Batboard $upporter

A Terrible Loss

Post by FireGuy »

I knew the man fo 15 years,and had been to his home on a few occasions.

I e-mailed the family and am awaitng infomation on the services that i am planning to attend, i will post the information when i have it.
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

Monty will be missed by hundreds, perhaps even thousands who shared his common interests. His free advice and personal help with technical problems were an invaluable gift to our community.

Monty helped us all; he touched us all.

Thank You, Monty.

The Sisco family will be in my prayers.
ANB_Medic
was sja505
What radios do you own?: Jedi's, MCS's, and Waris

Post by ANB_Medic »

It's a very sad thing when the world loses a good man. Although I did not know Monty personally, I know what king of person he was and he will be missed by a lot of people.

My thoughts and prayers to the family.

Sleep well, friend.

Todd
Sorry, I can't treat stupid...
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Truly a very sad day. Monty helped and shared so much so freely with so many people.

It is almost impossible to comprehend, let alone find words to describe, the tremendous loss of the sudden passing of such a fine man.

After all that he has given, we hope that Monty has found peace and rest. We will all keep the entire Sisco family in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Farewell Monty, and God Bless.
Station House Products
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by Station House Products »

Having had dealings with Monty on several occasions, I can honestly say that he is a person that will be deeply missed, not only for his knowledge of radios and this business, but also for his willingness to help others on a moment's notice. I can't count how many times I have seen a dispute between 2 board members over a deal gone bad posted in the Feedback Forum and it was at a stalemate untill Monty stepped in and moderated. A fine member of this community (and several others) has been lost and we will miss him greatly. My prayers go out to the Sisco family in your time of loss and our heartfelt sympathy as well. Monty, 73s.
n3kvp
Batboard $upporter

Post by n3kvp »

He will be greatly missed, I have learned a lot from him since I joined Batlabs, He was always willing to go out of his way to help with a connector or wiring problem, I bought my first RIB from him, this is truely a sad day for the board. "Monty Sisco" will be missed!!

Butch :(
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

Monty will be missed dearly by all. I remember when I first joined the board a few months ago and was in need of some help with some motorola road blocks. Monty was very helpful and willing to help any "NOOB" with questions regaurding anything motorola but most of all "RIBS & CABLES". As a fairly new person to the board still I feel good about saying that from my dealings with Monty were nothing but top notch. He made a motorola newbie feel right at home here on the board. Monty and family you will be in my prayers. Don't ever forget how many lives he has touched here on the board. God Bless.

Duane
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
clavo
Worse than Cowthief

Post by clavo »

Thanks Monty for all your help over the years. You will be missed.

:(

-c
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

Monty, you will be missed by all of us here. The Sisco family will be in our thoughts and prayers. :cry:
K8TEK::Tim
fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

Post by fireradio »

Monty was a great person, and he will be missed greatly. My thoughts and prayers to his family.
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."
njh621
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: MTX810, HT600, MX300 series

Post by njh621 »

Monty was a great man.
Thanks for everything Monty.
-Nick Halliday
Titan II ICBM Historian & Electrical Engineering Student
"Thank you SKYBIRD, release ACK/CALL."
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Wow, this is definately a sad day for the Batboard community. Monty helped me on more than one occasion with programming problems. One thing I noticed was he ALWAYS had the right answer rather quickly when it came to programming and repairs. His knowlege and hand-made products were top notch. Hell, he even took pictures when someone didn't understand something... usually with his cat in the background. Once you got used to his [unique] way of typing {typing} messages, he was a nice guy to boot. I hope he passed peacefully in his sleep with his kitty by his side.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
ThaBronx1

Post by ThaBronx1 »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Monty.. You will be missed by all.
kmoose
Batboard $upporter

Post by kmoose »

May you be dead for a week before the devil even knows, Monty!

God bless your soul.
r0f2

Post by r0f2 »

Hi Monty,

I hope you're doing OK up there. You are a good guy. No hard feelings about anything I hope.

r0f
Heterodyne
Batboard $upporter

Post by Heterodyne »

Terrible, Sad news....

Never han any direct dealings with him, but his advice and help to others helped me countless times.

Thoughts and prayers, and all that.... See you soon....
No Longer Registered

Post by 70351 »

Yes indeed, Monty was a friend to everyone. Those who knew him personally will miss him, and we'll miss his expert advice here on the board as well.

Thanks Monty for your dedicated friendship and service to us all.

Randy
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

for those of you who are interested/concerned...

i have asked alex to dig a little into the "server kitty fund" (which should be in a bank drawing interest somewhere) to send some flowers to monty's funeral from all of us here on the board.

having dealt with him many times fixing or de-bugging things, I can honestly say that he was one of the few "TWO-WAY RADIO TECHNICIANS" that I have ever met. Not to mention that if you saw him on AIM at 3am and typed out a question, he usually answered it within 15 minutes...

His stuff, while not the cheapest - was the best. He did it right, he did it on time, and he did it right the first time, every time.

Vio con dios friend,

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

I was just talking to him a day ago!

He was a good man! Our thoughts & prayers go out to the family!

we will miss you!
r0f2

Post by r0f2 »

If Motorola had any respect for the people who took a genuine interest in their products, they'd send something to the Sisco family during this sad time. I think Monty would feel really honored if there was a bouquet of flowers at his service from Motorola.

r0f
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Oh... bugger...

Post by kc7gr »

I had just started to get to know Monty barely two months ago. We had a wonderfully long and detailed phone chat, and it was a genuine pleasure to have been invited to participate in the 'Professional' forum that he was running on his own PHP system (though, ironically, I can't find the URL for it which I thought I had already bookmarked... Anyone? PM me if you need to).

Aside from what I learned of Astros from him, aside from how much I found we had in common... I knew him for an all-around Good Person the moment we exchanged greetings, and that was over a pair of wires!

The greater shock for me in this is that I corresponded with him just yesterday. Not the slightest hint that anything was off-base.

God bless and keep you and your family, Monty! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out together.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

The weather here in Atlanta reflects the sadness I feel for the loss of Monty. He was not only a superb contributor to this board, but an honest man who was an ambassador of goodwill and volunteered countless hours not just giving us good advice, but coming to the aid to "keep the peace" on the board. There will never be another soul like him in this world. Monty, you will be missed more than you ever know. But your legacy will never be forgotten. Thank you so much for your efforts in resolving the countless deals almost gone astray, for always being helpful and patient with the newbies. The Motorola community will never be the same.
Radio_Cowboy
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Post by Radio_Cowboy »

Rest in Peace Monty.

My thoughts and prayers go to the Sicso Family.

-RC-
Y'all are just Jealous that the voices only talk to ME
KC8NIY
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL5K, HT1250, MTS2K

Post by KC8NIY »

Monty went out of his way to help me a couple times personally, and as with everyone else, countless times with the information he posted on the board. His comments were ALWAYS positive, regardless of the situation.

A true testiment to his personality. Always willing to go the extra mile to help, without expecting anything in return. All this for people he knew he would most likely never meet, or even speak to outside of this forum. That speaks volumes about who he was in business, who he was as a friend, and who he was as a loving family member.

This world has lost a fine person indeed. One that cannot be replaced. My thoughts are with the family. Rest assured, Monty personally touched more people than you will ever know.

-Ben
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

WOW! This is a really sad day.
I dealt with him as many others did for a few years.
He is one of the people that we all could count on.
ALWAYS helpful.
ALWAYS took the time to help and answer questions.
He was the kind of person we all HOPE to be.
I will miss him.
Steve K.
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

Sad indeed.

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

It is a sad day indeed.
I had hoped to meet with him, I had discovered that he is in the San Diego area just a day or two ago.
I was within a few miles from his shop a week ago.
So, it was not to be, but for the memories.
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Post by Code3 »

I only had dealings with Monty a few times, but he went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly. I was very impressed. His contributions will be missed.

Thank you Monty,

Adrian Flores
BPD109
Batboard $upporter

Monty,

Post by BPD109 »

I have only dealt with Monty a couple of times. He was always there to answer my questions no matter how ridiculously simple the solution. I could only hope that his passing was swift and painless, and that if he were suffering in any way at least he isn't now.

Monty was selfless with his information.

He will be missed. My thoughts go to his family.

Randy
You can only buy so many bags of lime before people begin asking questions...
Ben

Post by Ben »

This is a very sad day. Monty was always around to help out with anything on this board. I've done a few deals with Monty and they were always great. My family will kind his family in our prayers.

Ben
FiremanSparky
Batboard $upporter

Sad News

Post by FiremanSparky »

I did not know Monty personally, but what I have learned from him could fill volumes. People like him don't come along everyday who went that extra mile to help anyone and everyone (especially the "newbies"). Lord, thank you for letting us have him for awhile. You will be missed, Monty. My deepest prayers to the Sisco family.

Frank :(
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Monty was a great guy and a GREAT radio tech. His knowledge, skills and the man himself will be truly missed.

A loss for everyone on so many levels.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

ets hope someone takes on the business and the cats....

Monty's still signed on with AIM at this moment.......
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

I've never had any transactions with Monty, but he helped me out on a few occasions, as I'm sure he did for just about everybody on here. It's so rare to find somebody with as much knowledge as he had willing to give it out at anything less than 20 bucks an hour.

You will be missed by all.

-Mike
VoIP: BAT-MIKE (228-6453)

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

wow, what sad news... my heart goes out to his family in this time of need, you will be missed!
E911EMT
What radios do you own?: Icom ICF3061, Kenwood TK2180

Post by E911EMT »

I would like to say that monty was a greta guy he still is he will be in our hearts for ever. He was a very knid and smart person he has tought me things. He will be missed..

THANK YOU MONTY
E911EMT
718 this is EMS
Can You Hear me Now?
Nickdap

Post by Nickdap »

What an awfully sad day this is.

Monty really was an asset to this board.

He was always so pleasent to deal with over e-mail and always made you feel like your business, big or small, was important.

Goodbye Monty
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

I have dealt with Monty a couple times on eBay and found a lot of his posts and commentary here to be very informative and helpful, and a benefit to the community as a whole. I know I learned a few things from his contributions here.

My condolences to his family, both his own and his extended group of friends on the Web and elsewhere.
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

He helped in trying to straighten out a problem where alot of people would have just walked away. I've been overcome by the radio "virus" and I could have only thanked him more for having the right stuff to help me become sicker with my illness.

We'll miss him

CHART
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
ROOFLIFECO
Banned

Post by ROOFLIFECO »

Monty and Family,

I am very glad to say that I had the pleasure of knowing Monty through past buisness transactions. From our dealings, I have learned about Monty's passion for radios as well as making others happy and wanting them to return to him for buisness. Monty was one of the main reasons that this site is still up and running. he was a great guyt to know and I really would have loved to have been able to met him in person. Fron exchanging emails and PM's, I know enough about him to say that I know what kind of person he was. Kind, helpful and loved what he did. Monty will be missed by every member from this board I'm sure and he and his family will be in my prayers to follow. YOU WILL BE MISSED MONTY!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yours Truly,

Jordan aka ROOFLIFECO :cry:
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

I cannot tell you how my breath was taken as I logged on just a few minutes ago and saw the news. I am shocked.

I had a few direct dealings with Monty, over the time I've been here, and learned untold numbers of things from his posts. I will miss his knowledge and we will all miss his wisdom.

My condolences go out to the Sisco family.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
RKG

Post by RKG »

I, too, am stunned and sadded. Monty was a model of the generous human and a true professional.
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

We talked often about retirement and "doing nothing" in AZ.
God, you got a great tech and a good person up there now
Watch over his family, will ya?

Semper Fi buddy

Fowler
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

I can't even count the amount of information I've learned from Monty, both through the board and in person. He was a truely amazing radio technician. Even through the grief he was given a few times on the board he saw threw it and kept contributing. He will be missed by all of us here in Southern California.
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
contrak10

Post by contrak10 »

Monty, you have taught me everything I know about radios, thanks for always keeping your IM user name logged on 24/7 it has always helped with those late night questions. Thanks for taking your time to help not only me but countless others.

You will be missed
GEMOTO

Post by GEMOTO »

A truly great guy. He was a real asset to this board and the radio community. Always willing to help out and do whatever he could to assist you. I have had a few dealings with him and they were nothing but supurb.

My condolances go out to his friends and family.

You will be missed and not forgotten.

Rest in Peace.
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

"THE" motorola project.

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

The only other person to have a " hacked" spectra, was Monty.
The guy could "Unbrick" most radios, and would try to help you if you did.
He was very understanding of what motorola was doing to the real radio tech, because he was one of the kings of radio techs, not motorola tech, but in the entire field.
I could, and did, trust him with whatever I had learned.
I could, and did, learn a LOT from him, and the enterprise known as Metro-Tech Services.
http://metro-tech.net/
Thank you Monty.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

Monty -
If you played cards at all, the greatest canasta player of all time passed away this morning. she needs a good partner...and she'll take care of you, just like she did with her family.

gramma i miss you.
chris.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
Jonathan KC8RYW

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

Monty held a wealth of information about 2-way radio, and was more then helpful in helping us on the board with our questions.

It's sad to lose such a helpful and talented person.

:cry:
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover

Return to “Announcements and Forum News”