ok astro guys -- what is this?????

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

ok astro guys -- what is this?????

Post by batdude »

wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I've seen them up here, the RCMP have quite a few of them. Small slim unit, with only 16 talkgroup capability, meant to tuck in under a shirt. I don't recall the model number as I only saw them quickly & didn't get to mess with the programming (Regular Astro RSS, from what I was told). I believe the Motorola product name for them was "Jackal".

Todd
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

You guys recall that one on ebay a while back, If I recall correctly, it was new and the guy had NO idea what it was.
He never mentioned the word astro, for I would have taken it in a sencond.
I dont recall the final price, but I think it was quite low, really really low.

Anyone???
Nick

Post by Nick »

Guy's as it say's, it's an ASTRO Covert. It's a basic XTS3000 with minimum controls and no external audio. Used with an external surveillance set. Hard to find and good to have!
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

And to think that someone got it for under $200, agggghhhhhhh
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

The question of the hour would be though -

What do you use to program it? :)

-Alex
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

I just had to dig up info on this radio- here's a picture:

The official name is DCR3000 Or Jackal as mentioned above.

http://tinyurl.com/gy2bq

-Mike
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

Heres the intrepretation

Скрытоносимая radio station DCR3000
ASTRO Digital Cover Radio - Jackal
Radio station ASTRO DCR3000 is intended first of all for special services and divisions for carrying out of the latent actions at which the latent negotiating and use of usual radio station is necessary is inadmissible.

She(It) is executed on the basis of radio station ASTRO XTS3000 and has same functional and characteristics. Management of radio station is provided with the remote manipulator which has button PTT, the button of the generator of a voice-frequency signal, a regulator of loudness, the switch of channels and switch A/B on two positions.

DCR3000 Provides a voice transfer in three modes - the analog, digital open and digital ciphered mode, and digital operating modes corresponds(meets) to specification APCO Project 25.

The radio station is placed in special holsters under clothes. The type of a holster gets out proceeding from a complete set of radio station. We can offer some types of holsters:

At use of the accumulator of small capacity 600 мА/ч which is fastened to radio station, we offer подплечную a holster (left or right, man's or female), and also a holster for accommodation on a leg(foot);
At use of the accumulator of the big capacity 1700 мА/ч which is connected through the special extension piece, we offer подплечную a holster of separate type.
Depending on the appendix and a range of frequencies various types of aerials and set are used.

Das vedanya

Fowler

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”