Kenwood tk760 pinout

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

stangmansvo

Kenwood tk760 pinout

Post by stangmansvo »

Hi all,
Dont hate me on this post !!!
I need a pinout or info on connecting an external speaker to a tk760 radio. The local FD has one and wanted to use a different speaker.
thanks
steve :o
retired / Deputy State Fire Marshal (MD)
Firefighter III, HazMat-Tech, Certified Fire Investigator II & Fire Inspector II
Now I'm a radio Junkie & loving it !!
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

tk760

Post by 2wayguy »

TK-760's have a headphone style jack on the rear of them, I believe 1/8" but I don't remember for sure. Pull the radio and look on the back you will see it.
firebug24
What radios do you own?: Maxtrac/syntorX9000/HT1250

kenwood tk760

Post by firebug24 »

Thanks
I found the extra phone jack on the rear of the radio and seems they have that plugged into the whelen siren amp. Now they want an additional remote speaker (addition to the connection to the siren) because they say " cant hear the radio with the original radio speaker.

Question is can I disconnect the internal speaker and use the speaker pins to install a remote speaker ?

thanks
steve :o
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

KW Speaker

Post by 2wayguy »

Someone must have modified the radio already. The internal speaker is supposed to disconnect when you plug another speaker into that jack. Sounds like you might get a surprise when you open this radio up.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

As mentioned above, the rear jack normally disables the internal speaker when a plug is inserted.

There is a KAP-1 PA option that allows for an exernal PA function controlled by one of the programmable function switches on the radio.
This also requires the KCT-19 accessory cable be installed.

There is also the possibility to use an external speaker connected to the KCT-19 accessory cable (if it is installed). The speaker pin out on the KCT-19 is pins 6 (gnd) & 12 (speaker audio).

If you dont have the above options, I would suggest that if the 1/8 jack has been modified to not kill the internal speaker, you wire it so it does and then connect the external speaker in parallel with the siren unit at this jack.

If you want a PDF copy of the installation pages that cover the KCT-19 cable and options, send me a private message with your email address.
firebug24
What radios do you own?: Maxtrac/syntorX9000/HT1250

TK 730 (control head) pinout

Post by firebug24 »

Hello
Looking for the correct pinout for installing a speaker to the control head.
I have an external speaker connected to the 16 pin at pins 6 (Positive) & pin 12 (negative)
I programmed the radio with the switch speaker option but the control head speaker isnt working. I know the speaker is good.
HELP ! :o
steve

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”