programming trunked into a radio for listening only

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Screwed

programming trunked into a radio for listening only

Post by Screwed »

i know it can be done i lost all my info :( could someone pm me what i need thanks

oh and i know it has to be a xts3000 or a saber 3 800mhz
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Here's what you need:

One Uniden or Radio Shack trunking-capable scanner.

For bonus points, a computer cable and the requisite scanner programming software might be handy.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Due to all the hooplah lately about unauthorized radios trying to be put on systems these days, your not going to get too much help with this.

With that being said...

You will generally be limited to listening to a max of 10 talkgroups
You will need a system key
You will need to be able to provide positive control of the PTT key (tx inhibit)
You will need the specific system key to program the system
You cannot set the radio to autoaffilate

In addition...some system adminstrators will have the TRS send out kill commands that will inhibit your radio even if its not affliated to the system.

In short, if you have a need to have an 800 radio for business or work, give it a go, but don't say we didn't warn ya.

I don't want to sound anti-radio here, but this debate has been going on for some time now, and most people agree, when it comes to TRS's, a scanner is THE safest bet.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”