LAPD USES UTSR INSTEAD OF OTAR

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

metro121

LAPD USES UTSR INSTEAD OF OTAR

Post by metro121 »

I was talking to friend of mine from LAPD about thier Astros getting updated for the Digital system they use. He stated they were going to get rid of the first generation Astro's they had in stock because they could not be flashed,(SAYS MOTOROLA).

I thought this might be my chance to get first crack at getting my hands on all those radios but he advised me thay were already unprogrammed.

I told i=him it did not matter , I could reprogram them for something else. No way , he stated, they were reprogrammed with UTSR, UNDER THE STEAM ROLLER.

Our tax dollars at work.
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

those dumbassesss!!!!!!!!!!!!, wasting my tax money, so they can waste that, they suck, at least sell it on auction or something, get some money back.
metro121

Post by metro121 »

At least Ventura County does sell thier equipment back to the public to recoup some of the tax dollars, and they do unprogram the radios before doing so. They use the BLACK AND DECKER rib and cable to do so.
ricciticcitembo

Post by ricciticcitembo »

Yup. the military pulls parts, and uses 600 dollar hammers. So does Bell Atlantic (now Verrizon). Both have also been know to also use UTSR to reprogram as well. Motorola has its own "Dump" Sad isn't it.
Cat_Herder

UTSR...

Post by Cat_Herder »

Heh...long time since I heard that one....*sigh* it is sad...I know I'd have LOVED to have gotten my hands on some of the MSF's that one USGOV agency trashed..they were PERFECT for the 2Meter band.....
"...No Matter where you go...There you are..."
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

While not totally radio related, AT&T Cable is using the steamroller method to get rid of a bunch of illegal cable boxes. They are even giving out where they are doing it for people to go watch. Might be a few minutes worth of entertainment...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stori ... 014&EDATE=

-Alex

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”