Chevy Tahoe and pickup siren speakers ?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

Chevy Tahoe and pickup siren speakers ?

Post by arlojanis »

Anyone found a good location for the siren speaker on new Tahoes and pickup trucks? If so, what model speaker fits?
"The world runs on radio."
USCGTC

Post by USCGTC »

Should fit right behind the grill. WHELEN SA314 works well. I have a pic if you need more help.
Work place is DHS.gov
rdkl

Post by rdkl »

I've got my sa314 behind the grill as well. I had it behind the bumper using the whelen Tahoe bracket at first but after bending it back a few times I moved it.
WhelenTech

Whelen Bracket...

Post by WhelenTech »

Yeh I have to agree the Whelen Bracket for the Tahoe is not right on some of the trim packages.

I have found it depends on the trim package picked as if the proper holes are their to get it up and out of the way properly.
rdkl

Post by rdkl »

I believe it. The final straw for me was actually when the aftermarket bumper and winch went on. The speaker was left hanging completely exposed so I finally moved it. I am much happier with it up in the grill. If I had known it would fit there when I started the install I would have put it there right from the begining.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

CPI makes a very nice cast bracket for in grill mounting.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”