'06 P71 Keyless Entry

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ccomm911

'06 P71 Keyless Entry

Post by ccomm911 »

We are about to begin outfitting a '06 P71 (which Ford said that keyless entry absolutely COULD NOT be ordered as an option on a P71/73 because of the existing "police wiring") The customer wants a Key fob for lock/unlock. They also want a door keypad for lock/unlock. Now, we are considering a Viper keyless entry system for lock/unlock with a fob. We are also looking at a Ford add-on accessory that is a stick-on keypad that transmits codes wirelessly. Thinking outloud, could you "train" the Ford keypad to the Viper system? Or purchase a Ford keyless entry fob lock/unlock system, and then train the stick on keypad to that system? I showed the customer the KE-1601 hard mount keypad, but they didn't like it b/c of the non-OEM look. Any thoughts, suggestions, or experience with such an issue? Thanks in advance for any & all advice.

Link for the Ford keypad
http://ford.autowebaccessories.com/stor ... 0_8344.php
kb3jkp
Banned

Post by kb3jkp »

unless it's changed in the last MY or 2, factory KE IS available as an option......although a "wierd" one........

the only option thats NOT available on the P71, that I'm aware of, is a moonroof....

what I would do... get a alarm/RKE/remote start,from ebay they're ~100$, then get a "tap sensor".......

http://www.taplock.com/

you have a sensor on the windshield.... you "tap" in your code on the glass.... and it unlocks the doors........

thing is...noone knows it's there.......
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

Don't know about the keypad, but my '05 g-ride has a viper remote and it works flawlessly with the police package. The accessory button even pops my trunk.
ccomm911

Update - '06 P71 Keyless entry

Post by ccomm911 »

We just received the customer's new '06 P71. When the driver's door panel was removed for wiring mirror lights, we noticed what appeared to be a Keyless entry module. The part # is 6W7T-13C791-BB We called our dealer and they confirmed that this is in fact a keyless entry module. The car did not come with any remotes. The manual says cycle the key on/off 8 times, stopping in the on position, the doors should lock/unlock, then press buttons on the fob. Tried this and the locks won't cycle. Are we doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. The part # for the fob we need is 3W7Z-15K601-AA if this helps.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

You don't have the right remote for the door I'd guess.

Take it to the dealer and have them look up what kind of remote is needed. There's a whole bunch that look similar, but they don't work with every vehicle.

I know the ford explorer ones you could add it to a few different vehicles - and then hit the unlock button and watch all the trucks unlock (heh).

That is the way to program them though.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”