Logging recorder/iDen interface needed!!!

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Skooter92

Logging recorder/iDen interface needed!!!

Post by Skooter92 »

I'm trying to find an available solution for a dispatch center. We use iDen i305 handheld Nextels, and we need to start recording them on our Mirra system-any ideas on cables, interfaces, solutions. All our vendors are less than helpful.
Thanks!!
Fairly well grounded......
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Nextel i305 Recovered Audio Interface

Post by Dan562 »

Skooter92,

It appears as if the External Headset uses a miniature 3 circuit plug / socket that inserts into the i305 Nextel handset. I would take an educated guess that the Plug is Tip – Mic High, Ring – Earpiece Audio and Sleeve is the Ground / Shield. When wiring up the 3 circuit Plug, use a good grade miniature audio shielded cable to minimize any external interference from other noise sources. You may be required to build or purchase a small Audio amplifier to boost the recovered audio level into your Mirra system.

I would recommend taking one i305 Nextel handset and dedicating the unit to monitor the recovered audio on your RF Channel’s (2) Time Slots for Audio Dispatch Traffic. I would also consider building a DC Supply / Battery Eliminator so the handset is powered up at all times. From your brief description, it does not sound as if you have an actual Dispatch Console.

Dan
SZ$DEF

Post by SZ$DEF »

Take a look here:

http://www.link-comm.com/security/tcb1.htm

You may want to give them a call and find out for sure - but I believe that this interface will (among MANY other things) convert the audio from a connected iDEN handset into just plain 2-wire or 4-wire audio that you can feed into your logging recorder system.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”