2007 Yukon XL, Yukon, Suburban

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kdean7

2007 Yukon XL, Yukon, Suburban

Post by kdean7 »

Anyone had the chance to remove a headlight on one of these yet? Going to mount strobes but can't figure out how to remove the headlight assembly.

Any ideas?
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

Hide-a-ways will do better in the lower driving lights (if you have them). Smaller, tighter spots tend to perform better with hide-a-ways. Headlights will drown out the strobes, stick with a headlight flasher up top.

S.
kdean7

Post by kdean7 »

actually planning them for the turn signals. Didn't specify the difference cause the whole thing is one assembly.

Any idea how to remove the assembly?
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

No, I am not sure. I was just commenting on the placement.

S.
Jay G.
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay G. »

I just did a 2007 Yukon. Two 10mm bolts on top where you can see them, and one hidden in the wheel well. also 10mm. You need to remove the 2 7mm bolts and a few push type retainers in the wheel well to see the one bolt.

I drilled the strobe in right below the oem marker bulb. Drill a 1 1/4" hole in the outer shell, then the 1" hole in the inner shell. I used the push in type strobe bulb, and sealed it with marine grade silicone. Came out very nice!
Jay Goldmark, EMT
Ex-Captain, Woodmere Vol. Fire Dept.
Fire District Communications Supv.
KC2ZHI Amateur Radio Operator
Licensed Master Electrician
Owner, Top Class Electric, LLC.
Woodmere, Long Island, NY

"Enjoy Life, it's not a dress rehearsal !!!"

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”