How to Re-Case an HT1250 ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rayjk110
Banned

How to Re-Case an HT1250 ?

Post by Rayjk110 »

I've got an HT1250 VHF (Limited Keypad) on it's way to me. Judging by the condition of the photos, it's OK, but could stand to be re-cased in the future.

I've never done a Waris "display" recase before...so...is the LCD/Keypad part of the actual Plastic case and if so, does it need to be carefully un-clipped and removed and such?

Or is it part of the actual radio frame and a simple plastic case swap is fine..?

Also, is it possible to "upgrade" the radio if I ordered a DTMF re-case kit? (IE, a check box in the waris CPS for the radio being changed to a full keypad)

Thanks guys

- Ray
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: How to Re-Case an HT1250 ?

Post by n7maq »

Rayjk110 wrote:I've got an HT1250 VHF (Limited Keypad) on it's way to me. Judging by the condition of the photos, it's OK, but could stand to be re-cased in the future.

I've never done a Waris "display" recase before...so...is the LCD/Keypad part of the actual Plastic case and if so, does it need to be carefully un-clipped and removed and such?

Or is it part of the actual radio frame and a simple plastic case swap is fine..?

Also, is it possible to "upgrade" the radio if I ordered a DTMF re-case kit? (IE, a check box in the waris CPS for the radio being changed to a full keypad)

Thanks guys

- Ray
Order the full keypad refurb kit (I'll post the P/N a bit later if you ned it)
it's the best way to go. It comes with every thing you will need as far as parts.

The keyboard and display are in the housing, so you will need to swap them out. The keyboard is the same on 6 key, and the full key so you be able to use your old one.

The new housing can be ordered in Yellow, but not in the refub kit

Jim.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

It's a damn nightmare.

They display LCD is simply double face taped to the inside of the housing. Mine was stuck in there so well that I couldn't get it out. There's nothing to get a hold of without damaging the glass or the flex. I ended up taking small angle cutters and cut two triangle notches out of the case sides. I then carefully bend the case in half at the display until the display sticky foam came loose.

I'm sure there's a better way but I couldn't find it.
jmr3865
2 Warnings for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale
What radios do you own?: KW tk2170, tk730, etc.

Post by jmr3865 »

I have the direction, pm me with ur e-mail address
JMR
KC2QVO

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”