How to add an image to my post here?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE7DZZ
Gone...as per his request

How to add an image to my post here?

Post by KE7DZZ »

How do I do it? I tried the Img tags but to no avail.
"No One Here Gets Out Alive"
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

You have to upload the image to a host such as "imageshack", and use the links they provide to have the picture show within your post.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KE7DZZ
Gone...as per his request

Post by KE7DZZ »

wavetar wrote:You have to upload the image to a host such as "imageshack", and use the links they provide to have the picture show within your post.

Todd
I uploaded the image in question to my webserver and pointed to the file in my post ( which I believe is all that one does when using a fileserver such as imageshack). This method has worked on many other sites quite well, in fact I have my "sigpic" for several gaming sites hosted in this manner.

Is there a special syntax required to do it on this board?
"No One Here Gets Out Alive"
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

I think the problem in your for-sale post is that there is a space between .jpg and [/img] OR you have clicked "Disable BBCode in this post" at the bottom

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”