Centracom Series II

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE9GK

Centracom Series II

Post by KE9GK »

Ok...I am painfully aware of the board's views and opinions on this topic...but I'm gonna ask anyway!!

I have a 2 position, 6 channel centracom II. It was pulled from a working environment a few weeks ago. It is being represented to me as being complete..and from what I've seen, I'd have to agree. I have been advised that it was configured as a tone remote console controlling link tranceivers..possibly Maxtracs before being pulled from the PSAP for a Gold Elite trunking upgrade. This purchase was originally going to be deployed in our firehouse as a way to tidy up and get rid of the trillion or so mobiles laying around in the dispatch office, but if its going to be as plug-n-play as I hope...maybe my Hamsexiness will shine through and they will get a used Zetron 4010...and my shack will end up with a centracom...who knows!

Here are my questions for you Centracom Gurus out there...please see the pic before yelling at me and telling me to stick with my Zetron 4010 and CommandPlus. :D

- First Off, by looking at the pic...can anyone tell me if this is indeed a complete setup?

****** IF SO ******

- Can anyone tell me if the centracom II's used industry standard tones such as 2175 Guard, 1950 tx, 2050 monitor, etc. to interface with the tone adapter (If so I have 8 ITA200A's to use)

- If it is not already, how difficult is it, and can anyone here help me to convert it to duplex operation to allow me to be able to hear the radio control tones while keying the transmitter (MDC PTT Sidetones etc.)

- Saying that the console is all configured for tone operation, is complete, was pulled in working condition, and no parts were swapped with other consoles, is it as simple as finding the 2 wire connection point on each BIM card and connecting it to the tone remote adapter?

- Providing all the hardware is actually with the units, when it comes down to it, will soneone on here be able to give me an idea of where to connect the ribbon cables to the correct connectors.....any help would be appreciated in this.....because...well...I didn't go through the 2 week centracom brainwashing class!!

- Finally, does anyone know if there already are provisions on this unit to connect a Zetron Model 21 Instant recorder....I know where to get the audio, but I need to know where to get the ground signal to start/stop the audio recorder when it receives audio (I would assume its similar to a COR signal on a mobile unit...but not sure)

Thanks...your insight and technical knowledge would be greatly appreciated on this one...for once I believe I have all the necessary and correctly programmed equipment to make this undertaking work!

*** Pic of components ***

Last edited by KE9GK on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
After years of dealing with the public I have realized.....You Just Can't Fix Stupid!
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

First Off, by looking at the pic...can anyone tell me if this is indeed a complete setup?
Well it looks complete,depends on the card inventory though
you should have
2 timers cards
2 OMI cards
at least 6 BIMS
then depending if the CEB was remoted you may have some ROCI's
If it was logged there will be a LOMI and a LORI
Now it looks like you have 15 full size cards.
so 2 timers, 2 OMI,s 6 BIMS what else is there?

Were the consoles together, if so there should be a ribbon cable between the card cages on the CEB.

Can anyone tell me if the centracom II's used industry standard tones such as 2175 Guard, 1950 tx, 2050 monitor, etc. to interface with the tone adapter (If so I have 8 ITA200A's to use)
Guard tone is set on the BIMS and of course its industry standard , it is designed for keying Motorola bases. It will probably be tone.
Saying that the console is all configured for tone operation, is complete, was pulled in working condition, and no parts were swapped with other consoles, is it as simple as finding the 2 wire connection point on each BIM card and connecting it to the tone remote adapter

there are 3 x 50 pair amp connectors on the back plane, that is where the connections are, I think its BIM1 is
1,26 transmit 4w.
2,27 recieve 4w
3,28 logging
and so on, I check when I get to the office. The easiest is to buy the patch panel.

Finally, does anyone know if there already are provisions on this unit to connect a Zetron Model 21 Instant recorder....I know where to get the audio, but I need to know where to get the ground signal to start/stop the audio recorder when it receives audio (I would assume its similar to a COR signal on a mobile unit...but not sure)
Is there a call check module on the console, what are the 7th and 8th slot labelings
KE9GK

Centracom II

Post by KE9GK »

Thanks Bruce...

First off I added some close up shots of how the consoles are laid out. Just follow the nice yellow link above again!! They were wired in parallel...so there were 2 OP positions in the PD they were pulled from.

I will get an exact inventory of the cards and post them when I get the opportunity. If it does not have a call check card in the unit, can one (strike me dead for saying this ) be added fairly easily?

In referance to the patch panel, I am assuming this would take the place of the old "66" style punch block and would contain some type of connectors..say RJ45? Also, from the way you were describing the pinouts would I be correct in my understanding that the CCII is a 4 wire tone remote (forgetting any logging capabilities) and not 2 like the Zetrons or CommandPlus / Gai-Tronics. Oh yeah..do you or anyone know if this panel is still available or where I can pick up a used one...and for how much?

Thanks Again everyone....this appears to me more and more withing reach every minute!!
After years of dealing with the public I have realized.....You Just Can't Fix Stupid!
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Ok I see the last panel is a phone patch but cant read the one next to it.

The phone patch one can be used as a call check but yoiu need to reprogram.

You may find it is actually a II+
Meaning the proms on the TOMI's were replaced with eeproms.
You would need the dos RSS to change them.
Otherwise you need a prom eraeser and a burner.

When you do the board inventory state thr version of the boards, A,B,C or D
KE9GK

Centracom II

Post by KE9GK »

I have now been informed that the "as built" manual from /\/\ has been located. Will that indeed tell me everything that I need to know about how its configured....and the connections that I will need?
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Its a little hard to decipher the asbuilt unless you know CC pretty well.
however just keep posting and I or someone else will try and answer.

The easiest way to interface will be via 0182643X01 patch panel
you will still need the amp 25pair cable.
if you put all the bims in one shelf it will give you your 6 channels as RJ45 connectors using one cable.
You can also go the 66 block but the RJ45 is way easier.
KE9GK

CC II Update

Post by KE9GK »

Bruce --

OK...It seems as though everyone is getting rid of all their CC II stuff.....great for me...bad for future dispatchers...I hate my gold elite at work...no buttons to push.....I digress.....anyway I stumbled upon another console, this one is a tabletop CC II - a dispatcher model - complete with everything, cables, punch blocks, CEB, Power Supply, Test Remote, and Software <----The most exciting part!!

I decided against the original consoles from above - were way too expensive for what I was getting, especially after I was informed about this new one I purchased.

Questions:

- Do these desktop units use the same parts, interface, cards, and software as their full size brothers?

- If one so desired, and had a few laying around, could the CEB be connected to a full size console for control? I am assuming they are the same parts..just one is in a compact desktop application...am I correct?

Thanks for the info again - will keep you posted - When it arrives I will need some info on connections to the tone remte adapters, and will post some pics
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

ok you got a centracom compact.
The cards are the same but i cant remember if the OMI firmware is different. read the codeplug post the results. it should tell you all about the system. Software is the same.
KE9GK

Centracom Compact

Post by KE9GK »

OK..Now for the Good Stuff
I'm going to try to make this post as graphic intense as possible so there is no misunderstanding in the future..if someone is as dumb as me to even attempt this :lol:

Here is the card cage (CEB) inventory complete with pix

SLOT 1 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 02 / MID B01
SLOT 2 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 03 / MID B04
SLOT 3 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 05 / MID B07
SLOT 4 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 06 / MID B10
SLOT 5 - BLN6650A / TMR A / SN 443CRW0144
SLOT 6 (SMALL) - BLN6755B
SLOT 6 - BLN1149A / OP 001 / TDM 04
SLOT 7 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 07 / MID B13
SLOT 8 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 08 / MID B16
SLOT 9 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 00 / MID B19
SLOT 0 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 01 / MID B22

There was also that interface card in the Operator console connected to the "tone remote phone" PN BLN6866A (I have no idea what this is for)

***SEE PICS***
Larger metal framed card with labeled pins PN / BLN1141A
Smaller metal framed card with pins labled chan 1 2 wire / 4 wire
PN / BLN1142A

Dont Know The Purpose of This - Was Connected Inside the Op Console
CEB

Dont know what this was for - was in slot 6 above the BLN1149A

BIM Card- Tone or DC???

Timer Board / OMI Board??
Punch Blocks
Programming Cable???

Connecting Cable

ImageImage
Op Interface

There are more parts en-route, such as the power supply and hopefully the programming software like the guy told me. I just wanted to get a head start on identifying what I have here, what I may need, and where to make the connections for the tone remote adapters (Decided against Full duplex - 2 wire control is just fine)

Thanks for looking - Again!!
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Ok confimed you have a centracom compact.
SLOT 1 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 02 / MID B01 BIM
SLOT 2 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 03 / MID B04 BIM
SLOT 3 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 05 / MID B07 BIM
SLOT 4 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 06 / MID B10 BIM
SLOT 5 - BLN6650A / TMR A / SN 443CRW0144 Timer
SLOT 6 (SMALL) - BLN6755B RS232
SLOT 6 - BLN1149A / OP 001 / TDM 04 OMI
SLOT 7 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 07 / MID B13 BIM
SLOT 8 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 08 / MID B16 BIM
SLOT 9 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 00 / MID B19 BIM
SLOT 0 - B1422A / BLN1144B / TDM 01 / MID B22 BIM

You have 8 channels.
The timer is required and generates all the clocks.
The OMI is what interfaces the CEB to the console.
The RS232 Board is used for programming, remote consol connection (which you dont have as there is no ROCI) and alarm reporting
The boards with the frames are extenders for servicing

The daughter board on the BIM is probably DC control or a LOBL board.
There should be seperate part number on the daughter board.

The other board looks like a telephone interface board.
Please supply the part number and I will confirm.

DId it come with any RSS. You may have to change a prom on the OMI to a eeprom to make it RSS programmable otherwise you need a prom burner.
xmo

Post by xmo »

"...Did it come with any RSS. You may have to change a prom on the OMI to a eeprom to make it RSS programmable otherwise you need a prom burner...."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

68000 based Series II+ TOMI and TTOMI cards can accept either EPROM or EEPROM codeplug chips. Both of them program with RSS, either by PROM programmer or direct connection to the CEB [respectively].

This console is a "Dispatcher", a marketing variant of the CCII. It is 6809 OMI based. There is no RSS for 6809 based systems. The OMI card itself is used to host the programmer which was supplied in two sets of firmware chips that are temporarily installed in place of the standard firmware.

An appropriate PROM programmer is required [e.g. Logical Devices PROMPRO-8, 8X, or Shooter]
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

You are probably correct about the programming.
Although I thought OMI and TOMI were the same board.
What you are saying is conventional CC was always PROMs and trunked CC was either PROM or EEPROM and the centracom RSS was only for trunked CC. Is this correct?

The unit in Europe was called a Centracom Compact and my experience with these was limited to one customer who never had a programming change.
Most of my centracom work was either centracom 1 and then
Centracom II (Which became a II+ then CRT) in a trunking enviroment.
The system has now evolved to Elite which is way easier to maintain.
xmo

Post by xmo »

That is correct. All CCII [i.e. 6809 OMI] consoles are button-LED, conventional, and PROM based codeplug.

Series II Plus consoles can be button-LED, CRT, or mixed [some of each type position in the same system] or even a mixed position with a CRT and some buttons at a single op. These use 68000 based operator interfaces [TOMI or Turbo-TOMI, each with accompanying AEI] and can be conventional, trunked, Embassy, or connected to Smartzone systems.

Compact is the name for the desktop operator position which looks the same as the one pictured above. You will note that this one says "Dispatcher" on the lower right. That indicates it was the special [low cost] package - one position + a one cardcage CEB.

When the same position was sold as a part of a larger [multi-op] system, the legend on the unit then says: "Compact" It's the same exact unit - the name just depends on how it was sold.
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Now I know.
The refinery I used to service had a Compact although only one position.
Maybe the word OIL has something to do as to low cost or high cost option
Most of the others were CCII with those green touch screens. This is about 15 years ago. Again never did any programming on them until I moved to my current location which was 6809 trunking which when I started was PROMS but as soon as I found out about the EEPROMS I upgraded them straight away.
Now we are SZ4.1 and all Elite except for 2 B&L which are scheduled for demolition when the new furniture arrives for Elite.
KE9GK

CC II

Post by KE9GK »

Ok the board that was in the OP interface connected to the tone remote phone handset is a BLN6866A.

The part number on the daughter board on the BIM's is PN BLN6666A - does this make it DC?? If so how do I make it go back to TONE cause thats what I need!!

Final quesion...what is needed to program the buttons and functions on the OP console...it is programmed all screwy..the patch function isn't enabled..and the console needs to have some QCII tones programed into it.

Thanks
KE9GK

CC II

Post by KE9GK »

****BUMP*****

Still Looking for what the other boards are on the BIM"S based on the above part number, and what the heck that board was in the OP Interface

Thanks
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

BLN6866 is a centracom compact board meaning only in the compact.
Its a multi function I/O board
it offers PTT relay connection
Public address conection
audible alarm enable/ disable
external paging encoder interface
and a call check connection
Manual 6881092E53 which is part of the compact maintenance manual
6881095E40

The BLN6666 is a LOBL or Line Operated Busy Light.
what this does is if on a repeater and the repeater is busy, the light on the centracom says so and blocks the operator from keying on that channel. These are mostly used in trunking but can be used on repeaters as well
KE9GK

CCII

Post by KE9GK »

***UPDATE***

Thanks Everybody XMO and Bruce in particular!! I finally figured out the connections (or most anyway) on the "66" blocks and got the unit connected to the tone remotes. Whats more..when I push the TX buton on the console the tone remote TX lamp lights and when I push monitor the MON lamp lights etc. Needless to say the fact that a Centracom illiterate such as me got it to work is exciting...but I digress.

Now for the final pieces of the puzzle...

I need to re-configure / re-enable some of the buttons and features on the op module such as the radio patch, intercom, and alert tones. All the buttons are present, but they are disabled.
XMO you stated that the unit is not RSS programmable and needed firmware chips which contained the programming info to be installed in the OMI. If I understood that correctly - how do you access the info and manipulate it before burning it into the new PROM? Also, do the actual Op Console buttons and functions program independantly (through a connection right in the desktop unit) or are the actual "button functions" located in the PROM on the OMI board? I guess what I am looking for is where, how, and whats required for one to reprogram the desktop unit's button functions?

Thanks Again Everyone!!
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

OMG.TAHT!1!!111!1!!!!11 WTF LOL SI A SIK SETUP!111111 OMG I HOP3 TAHT ON3 DAY I CAN HAEV SOMATHNG COL LIEK TAHT!11!1!!!! OMG WTF LOL MAYB I SHUD HIT UP A LOCAL AEGNCY FOR THEYRE CI STUF WHEN IT G3TS REPLAECD L8R THES Y3AR
!111!! OMG WTF LOL
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
d119

Post by d119 »

007 wrote:OMG.TAHT!1!!111!1!!!!11 WTF LOL SI A SIK SETUP!111111 OMG I HOP3 TAHT ON3 DAY I CAN HAEV SOMATHNG COL LIEK TAHT!11!1!!!! OMG WTF LOL MAYB I SHUD HIT UP A LOCAL AEGNCY FOR THEYRE CI STUF WHEN IT G3TS REPLAECD L8R THES Y3AR
!111!! OMG WTF LOL
Aw Christ... He's right...
KE9GK

CCII Audio Problem

Post by KE9GK »

OK...I'm Hoping that these will be easily answered questions-

I finally got the CCII set up correctly utilizing the punch blocks that have RJ adapters on them already so all that connects the tone remotes to the CEB is a simple store bought home telephone jumper wire - no mess!!

I need some help IDing some CEB cards and their functions.....
-Small card above each BIM (BLN6664A)
-BLN1144A (Phone Patch?)
-BLN6776A (B1633A on handle)

I am having a few minor problems as well.....

I have xmit capabilities on all the radios, as well as monitor and other functions. The xmit audio sounds good, but the mic is VERY hot. Is there a POT that adjusts the MIC GAIN? I cant seem to find anyting in the manuals about that.

Next, I have a headset jackbox with the dual radio/phone volume controls on it. I have plugged it directly into the RCB (p10) and I have TX, but no RX from the earpiece. The RX audio stays on the SEL speaker on the console..but the mic on the headset works. I do have an option interface board (BLN6697A) with a Telephone/Headset interface connected to it....do I need to plug the jackbox in there? (This is a separate console that I set up a while back - it functions correctly otherwise)

Finally the most perplexing problem is that I have absolutely NO audio from the speakers on *my* console. I do have an audio distribution board comming off the options interface board (in the front lower panel by your feet) All boards have power! The SEL and UNSEL speakers are plugged into P1 and P2 on the audio dist. board, and I can hear the hiss from them when I turn them up all the way...so I know they are getting juice. When the radios receive a signal the BUSY light flashes on the CCM..so I know the BIM's are seeing a signal..but there is still no audio. I have tried to eliminate the audio board and plug the speakers directly into P11 and P12 on the RCB..I get the same hiss with no audio. (not even control tones or error beeps..I don't think)
Am I missing a connection here?? I see there is a 7 or 9 pin AMP conector (much like the RCM to CEB cable) on the audio distribution board and another like it on one of the cards in each of the CEB's (Audio Distribution BLN6776A)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I'm so close to getting this thing working its sick!!

Thanks
Don
d119

Re: CCII Audio Problem

Post by d119 »

KE9GK wrote:OK...I'm Hoping that these will be easily answered questions-

I finally got the CCII set up correctly utilizing the punch blocks that have RJ adapters on them already so all that connects the tone remotes to the CEB is a simple store bought home telephone jumper wire - no mess!!

I need some help IDing some CEB cards and their functions.....
-Small card above each BIM (BLN6664A)
-BLN1144A (Phone Patch?)
-BLN6776A (B1633A on handle)

I am having a few minor problems as well.....

I have xmit capabilities on all the radios, as well as monitor and other functions. The xmit audio sounds good, but the mic is VERY hot. Is there a POT that adjusts the MIC GAIN? I cant seem to find anyting in the manuals about that.

Next, I have a headset jackbox with the dual radio/phone volume controls on it. I have plugged it directly into the RCB (p10) and I have TX, but no RX from the earpiece. The RX audio stays on the SEL speaker on the console..but the mic on the headset works. I do have an option interface board (BLN6697A) with a Telephone/Headset interface connected to it....do I need to plug the jackbox in there? (This is a separate console that I set up a while back - it functions correctly otherwise)

Finally the most perplexing problem is that I have absolutely NO audio from the speakers on *my* console. I do have an audio distribution board comming off the options interface board (in the front lower panel by your feet) All boards have power! The SEL and UNSEL speakers are plugged into P1 and P2 on the audio dist. board, and I can hear the hiss from them when I turn them up all the way...so I know they are getting juice. When the radios receive a signal the BUSY light flashes on the CCM..so I know the BIM's are seeing a signal..but there is still no audio. I have tried to eliminate the audio board and plug the speakers directly into P11 and P12 on the RCB..I get the same hiss with no audio. (not even control tones or error beeps..I don't think)
Am I missing a connection here?? I see there is a 7 or 9 pin AMP conector (much like the RCM to CEB cable) on the audio distribution board and another like it on one of the cards in each of the CEB's (Audio Distribution BLN6776A)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I'm so close to getting this thing working its sick!!

Thanks
Don
Read http://batboard.batlabs.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=63 for part numbers.

The small board is a 3/6 AUX I/O board.

BLN1144 is an *OLD* BIM (Base Interface Module)... Could be something else depending on what firmware is on it. What's the part number of the EPROM on the card?

As far as your audio problem, this could be several things.

Are you using PROM based OMI cards, or TOMI/TTOMI cards? If you're using TOMI/TTOMI cards, you need to have an AEI board in the adjacent card slot to the TOMI/TTOMI, as well as a "Y" interface cable between the AEI and the backplane with the console plugging into the junction, or you'll get no audio.

A *LOT* of information has been posted to the Knowledge Base under "Consoles" by Bruce and myself, I suggest you take a look, especially at the Card Primer and Part Number pages.

If this is an old CCII and NOT a CCII+ system, I cannot help you as I never got into those purely based on the fact that they more or less cannot be reprogrammed these days.

If you ARE using TOMI/TTOMI cards, you will get NOTHING except a hiss out of the speakers if you don't have the AEI board in the CEB.

Aside from that, the CEB must have the TOMI/TTOMI programmed to associate with that AEI card so that the audio is routed to the correct place.

Hope this helps.
wb4bli

Post by wb4bli »

Well I had the same problem when I moved some cards around. You definetly will not get audio. I tried it. I have both my positions working fully. The only thing I need done is to enable alert 2 warble on a button that does nothing right next to alert 1.
d119

Post by d119 »

So log onto the CEB with your licensed copy of Series2 RSS and make the change... Just remember that you need to update EACH OP INDIVIDUALLY that you want the feature assigned to, and you'll need to move the RS232 card and cable around to each TOMI you're updating :)

On a side note, I'll give you a ring as soon as I have time, I don't want you to think I'm blowing you off, BLI.
wb4bli

Post by wb4bli »

I know you are not blowing me off. Just do it when it is conveniant.

Does anyone have any idea where to get the counter tops? It would sure make my furniture look nice if i had them.
wb4bli

Web Site

Post by wb4bli »

http://www.gotghz.com is where I will eventually start posting centracom information and anything else related to 911, dispatching, or repeaters. What ever we can throw up there. It is not to duplicate Batlabs efforts, but to have a large wealth of infor just for this kind of thing. I on the site and the server. If you want to help I would love to have you.
d119

Re: Web Site

Post by d119 »

wb4bli wrote:http://www.gotghz.com is where I will eventually start posting centracom information and anything else related to 911, dispatching, or repeaters. What ever we can throw up there. It is not to duplicate Batlabs efforts, but to have a large wealth of infor just for this kind of thing. I on the site and the server. If you want to help I would love to have you.
Well that's a great offer, but we also have the Knowledge Base here, and thats where I have been posting my information. This site is WORLD RENOWNED when it comes to Motorola information, and is the natural place a newbie would start to look.

I don't mind if you duplicate my articles on your site, so long as you give credit where credit is due :)

Talk to ya soon!

edit: fixed spelling error.
Last edited by d119 on Tue May 08, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KE9GK

CCII

Post by KE9GK »

ok guys thanks for the info...the CEB's DO have audio cards right next to the OMI's.....I don't have the CEB's here so I cant get a part number from the OMI card to tell you if it is a TOMI or just a plain OMI....I can tell you that there is a chip (i'm assuming the EPROM) that has the op # and the date of program on it (1989) dunno if that will help anyone. I will post the EPROM and board numbers in a few days...but I'm pretty sure that i'm gonna need the Y cable.

Anyone know the part # or where I can get one used or new NOT through /\/\?

Finally, seeing as this is turning into such a darn headache, is it possible for me to just install an EEPROMed TOMI or COIM board and program it from scratch the way I want it to be? (Convert my setup to a CCII+...if its not already)

Correct me if i'm wrong....but from all I have read about the CCII+ or the COIM set up for B&L..they use the same BIM's and Timer Cards that are already in the CEB....right?

Would anyone be able to get me a list of necessary cards and part #'s for the EEPROM to convert mine to a CCII+ set up with a TOMI?

Same question as above...but instead of a TOMI..with a COIM? Also what software programs the COIM..is it Centracom Gold?

THX AGAIN
d119

Re: CCII

Post by d119 »

KE9GK wrote:ok guys thanks for the info...the CEB's DO have audio cards right next to the OMI's.....I don't have the CEB's here so I cant get a part number from the OMI card to tell you if it is a TOMI or just a plain OMI....I can tell you that there is a chip (i'm assuming the EPROM) that has the op # and the date of program on it (1989) dunno if that will help anyone. I will post the EPROM and board numbers in a few days...but I'm pretty sure that i'm gonna need the Y cable.

Anyone know the part # or where I can get one used or new NOT through /\/\?

Finally, seeing as this is turning into such a darn headache, is it possible for me to just install an EEPROMed TOMI or COIM board and program it from scratch the way I want it to be? (Convert my setup to a CCII+...if its not already)

Correct me if i'm wrong....but from all I have read about the CCII+ or the COIM set up for B&L..they use the same BIM's and Timer Cards that are already in the CEB....right?

Would anyone be able to get me a list of necessary cards and part #'s for the EEPROM to convert mine to a CCII+ set up with a TOMI?

Same question as above...but instead of a TOMI..with a COIM? Also what software programs the COIM..is it Centracom Gold?

THX AGAIN
OK... Once again... The part numbers are in the BatBoard knowledge base. The cable you need starts with BKN. It's the only BKN in there.

To convert to CCII+ you need a TOMI and an AEI *PER OP*... Those part numbers are in the knowledge base as well.

DONT use the term COIM when referring to Centracom II/II+. A COIM is the op interface for GOLD ELITE, and will NOT run in a CCII/CCII+ system.

To upgrade to Gold Elite, you have to upgrade the system timers to BLN7011A or better as the existing CCII/II+ timers do not support data packets large enough for Gold Elite.

There are also a few other things that require changing (BIM firmware, etc.)

Don't bother upgrading your CEB to Gold Elite (read: COIMs) unless you're prepared to upgrade everything else (at major expense as those cards DO NOT show up on the used market yet), and it's a MAJOR waste for B&L only operation... If you're gonna go Gold Elite, do it with CRT consoles (which also requires a CIE and Windows NT/XP PC with the software on it).

Best thing is to find the part numbers of what you already have, and post them. Then one of us can tell you what you've got, and what you're missing. Or you can look them up yourself in the Knowledge Base and know right away :)

If you have AEI boards riding next to your (assumed) TOMI cards but no "Y" cable, thats why you have no audio.

FYI, those cables are about $145 new from Motorola.
KE9GK

Re: Centracom Series II

Post by KE9GK »

Not to Re-Hash an old topic...but....I am trying to get my conventional CCII up and running as a CCII+. I FINALLY have a line on some cheap BLN6845 AEI's...but I am still looking for some BLN1170 EEPROM TOMI's.

I guess my question is this...the same source has a bunch of BLN1173 LOMI's.....but I am not sure what the logging operator multiplex interface card does....and if I would be able to bastardize it into suiting my needs for a 10 resource 2 OP setup. Is this card PC programmable through the RS232 card? I guess my question is if its worth buying a LOMI, and if it will do the same thing as a TOMI?

(OR...DOES ANYONE HAVE 2 EEPROM TOMI's they would be WILLING to share...for a price of course?)

Also looking for a description and function of an AIMI board (BLN7023) is, and the same for a BLN7015A!

Thanks for the input!

PS. To the MODS....D119's Centracom knowledge base that he started was lost in the board migration a year ago.....is there anyway we can get the info back or create a new one? A knowledge base would be very helpful for a quick CCII part number reference!!!!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”