My radio is f*ing with my computer!

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

My radio is f*ing with my computer!

Post by emsbuff3240 »

Well I was hamming it up on a repeater, and i noticed the fans blasting faster than i have ever heard on my mac mini...

anyone know why this would happen, spirous emissions from the radio?

the computer is above the radio about 3 feet away, the coax runs no where near it, however the radio is right next to the computer's power supply.. should i move that?

thanks.
-Jon
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

start moving things,ground the radio, use better coax, lots of things can fix it but you dont know unless you try.
I had a case where the security people at a large international merchant bank complained that if they keyed their mx2000 radios in the elevator it stopped and and went to the ground floor.
Now they said this was fine if there was a hottie in the elevator and they hadn't finished looking but otherrwise a problem.
Simple solution dont key up in the elevator unless theres a hottie!
gatekeep
What radios do you own?: XTS2500i III, AS III

Post by gatekeep »

I forget where I saw it, but Apple is notorious for having fans that are screwy.. It could be the radio but I would expect a more serious problem with the machine then just a fan... what type of radio are you keying next to the thing? A portable, base, mobile? (I only ask because if for instance, your using a 25watt mobile next to the Mac, it could cause some other sporadic problems.)

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”