Astro "R" housings

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CHEFA2001
Banned

Astro "R" housings

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Anyone have any information on the "R" series of housings and battery(ies) available.????

Pricing, pros & cons with the housings, etc.....

I'm sure since there are soo many astro saber buffs out there, there must be a few who have stories...

Do I recall hearing that the housigns were in the neghborhood of $500 each???
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
1 Adam 12
sk

Saber-R housings

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

The Astro Saber R cases are just like the Saber R cases. Only come in Model I and Model II limited keypad. No belt clip available, you must use a carrier. We use them in VHF and UHF in the Model II, batteries are not cheap. Last I check around 120 from Motorola. I have nothad to replace a case, but its a few hundred dollars, easy. I have one extra case for my personal radio which I took off and put into a regualr case so I can use a shorter battery and a belt clip. Unless you absolutely have a need, the" it looks cool ", soon is outweighed by the extra bulk , carry capability and battery cost.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I think it might be the saber case that's priced through the roof.

There have been several discussions on this. Motorola caught on to people buying the cases to turn Saber I and Saber II's to be Rugged.

With that in mind, they upped the price to around $3200.

I'll try and check "Business Online" later.

-Alex
1 Adam 12
sk

Astro Saber R

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

Yeah, I had someone tell me for our group that if we have to get a new case, we need to do an exchange, and they will swap out the case, and its in the several hundred dollar range. The battery number is NTN7058AR. I think they did the same thing at one time on the SABER R cases. Be interesting to see what a regular users price is.....
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I must not be special enough - those parts aren't listed in my catalog.

If someone gets me the part numbers, i'll run them through business online as a "normal" user without any discounts or anything.

-Alex
CHEFA2001
Banned

R CASE

Post by CHEFA2001 »

msrp is $2400.00!!!!!!!!!!
ouch
aWAITING our state contract pricing within a few days, will let ya guys know...

Anyone out there want to swap a r housing, model 2 for????

Let me know if ya have one and we'll go from there,,,,,,,,,,
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
wiliki46

Post by wiliki46 »

I got the Astro 2R housing and it looks like it has a hole in the membrane. Anyway to fix this? I think I saw ito nce somewhere but have not been able to locate the post or information. If I cannot fix it I guess I have a non waterproof really tough radio. I have since put the 2R housing on the side and put the Astro back in its normal III housing. I like having a beltclip. Any help appreciated.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”