2001 Chevy Lumina Install...I'll be the first...

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

2001 Chevy Lumina Install...I'll be the first...

Post by JAYMZ »

From top to bottom:

switch panel made from a DEK box casing(go dremel tool!!!)
Low Band Maxtrac 42-50
Spectra A4 VHF High
Spectra Siren DEK

More pix to come as the lights get installed
Last edited by JAYMZ on Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
radiotech87402
No Longer Registered

Post by radiotech87402 »

Poor Saber. Just on the floor like that. :cry: If you don't want it you can give it to me. It will never be on the floor again. LoL Cool set up you have.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

The saber is there because my wife was having ablatent disregard for quality radio equipment.... so can't give you the saber but I'll gladly loan you my wife.....

It's actually a work in progress but once everything is together I will have a whole lot of pictures to share....
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
Code3Response
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by Code3Response »

Post some pics of your setup (the wife that is) :D :D :D
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

How sad is that....I don't have any pix of her here at work....I'll set you up though Matt....

But anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions for the switches? I think they look pretty good but they could use a little work I'm sure.
JAYMZ

Calvin
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Friend of mine did almost the exact same mounting system in his lumina. Ended up with 2 sys90 boxes for Syntor X mobiles, a yaseu ham rig and spectra 800 Mhz all mounted in a bail style bracket we made bolted to the old ashtray mounts. Works great for him.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

It works very nicely actually. I'm currently Experimenting with different stacking styles as well.

We'll see what it all ends up being......
JAYMZ

Calvin
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Updated photo of rack set-up. Everything else coming soon....

All I have to do now is find the appropriate legends to match my lights on the switch panel.
JAYMZ

Calvin
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Here's a link to the pix of what is where.

http://www.youngsvillefd.org/batlabs/lu ... ase_2.html

If anyone has any hints or tips let me know. Bear in mind this is a work in progress and will be changing after this weekend when I will be receiving another radio :lol:
JAYMZ

Calvin
radiotech87402
No Longer Registered

Post by radiotech87402 »

Great set up. I just did a city car like that. 1 Spectra A-9 head, switch box and PA. I see also that the Saber is off the floor :) Them wifes just don't care as much as we do. LOL I let me girl friend use my Saber 2 for a city event we were working and she left the Saber on a Golf Cart!!!! Thank god it was still there the next day :o
You can out run a cop, but you can't out run a Motorola!!!
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Yup. I have found(sort of by accident) that an ASIII fits quite nice in the pocket in the door. Therefore no more no more potential domestic incidents when I find my portable on the floor.....
JAYMZ

Calvin

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”