am/fm removal 2002 chev pu

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kens

am/fm removal 2002 chev pu

Post by kens »

I am trying to figure out how to remove the factory am/fm so I can connect an AS splitter for a scanner. I have managed to remove the trim on the panel and I can see screws that secure the heater/ac panel but still don't know how to pull the radio. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
cranbiz
Batboard $upporter

Post by cranbiz »

On the sides of the radio are lock levers. Push them down and pull the radio out. You may also wish to remove the heater controls as you need to disconnect at least one of the cables from the radio to get it out and there is not enough slack on the cables to do it. If you pull the heater controls out, you can get to the back of the radio to pull the connectors. To pull the heater controls, remove the 2 screws and then release the retaining clips ( there are 4 if I rember right). They are not easily noticable, but are there and actually hold the control assy in place (it took me 20 minutes to realize the clips were there :oops: )

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”