q52 and xts5000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Screwed

q52 and xts5000

Post by Screwed »

i was searching the big E and saw a xts5000 with they say had q52 now is this the same as a ht1550xls? can i program recieve only and other channels with the correct pl?

560008-000482-4 was the flashcode.

did a search but didnt find much usefull stuff
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: q52 and xts5000

Post by Mfire39 »

The 5000 allows more than a 1550 will..

You can edit-

Zone Name
Channel Name
TX Frequency
RX Frequency
TX and RX PL/DPL
Bandwidth - 25/12.5 kHz
TX Mode - Analog or Digital IMBE
RX Mode - Analog, Digital, Mixed
TX/RX NAC (for Digital TX/RX)

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Screwed wrote:i was searching the big E and saw a xts5000 with they say had q52 now is this the same as a ht1550xls? can i program recieve only and other channels with the correct pl?

If you're talking about the auction I think you are, be aware that that's an invalid (but usable) flashcode. From the pics of the back of the radio, it looks like the flashcode was originally 540008-000482-4. In a legit flashcode, Q52 will always be paired with Q53, and very rarely if at all would you find a radio with any kind of FPP paired with anything besides conventional operation.

Caveat empor, ymmv, etc.
libuff

Post by libuff »

akardam wrote:
Screwed wrote:i was searching the big E and saw a xts5000 with they say had q52 now is this the same as a ht1550xls? can i program recieve only and other channels with the correct pl?

If you're talking about the auction I think you are, be aware that that's an invalid (but usable) flashcode. From the pics of the back of the radio, it looks like the flashcode was originally 540008-000482-4. In a legit flashcode, Q52 will always be paired with Q53, and very rarely if at all would you find a radio with any kind of FPP paired with anything besides conventional operation.

Caveat empor, ymmv, etc.
are you sure about the requirement for that pairing? i was under the impression that when paired together FPP was available without a key... but they are available seperate, which would allow FPP with a key (similar to JT1000)...

but i do agree, that FPP is normally JUST paired with astro conventional, and im SURE it is not paired with ANY trunking options.
akardam

Post by akardam »

libuff wrote:are you sure about the requirement for that pairing? i was under the impression that when paired together FPP was available without a key... but they are available seperate, which would allow FPP with a key (similar to JT1000)
Strictly speaking, any legit radio will have Q53. Q52 can be added to negate the need for the programming dongle, but it has to sit on top of Q53.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

Akardam is absolutely correct on this issue, furthermore, I might add that the original legitimate radios were something like 1A0001, and INCLUDED q53.. etc.

Motorola would not sell FPP with Digital ID Display claiming it was incompatible. Although we have seen that it works just fine with it installed, I'm not sure they've fixed that or claim that it does in fact work finally.

I did, however, once see a factory codeplug with trunking installed ( something like 160008 ). The funniest part about it, was since it was setup for FPP, the radio was restricted to 240 conventional modes ( this was back during the days of version 8 host).

The customer paid for trunking and couldn't even assign a trunked personality to their zone/channel assignment. It was stuck on conventional. I don't know what the sales department was thinking, or even how they were able to process the order with their dynamic software.

Guess how far they got with support???

It's not until now that this customer's radios can be upgraded and work correctly on trunked modes with the new host.

libuff wrote:
akardam wrote:
Screwed wrote:i was searching the big E and saw a xts5000 with they say had q52 now is this the same

as a ht1550xls? can i program recieve only and other channels with the correct pl?

Caveat empor, ymmv, etc.
are you sure about the requirement for that pairing? i was under the impression that when paired together FPP was available without a key... but they are available seperate, which would allow FPP with a key (similar to JT1000)...

but i do agree, that FPP is normally JUST paired with astro conventional, and im SURE it is not paired with ANY trunking options.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”