HT1000 narrowband compatability?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

HT1000 narrowband compatability?

Post by FireCpt809 »

I tried to search but no luck

Ive been given the task of checking the model # on all my Dept Ht1000's We are trying to see which models are Narrowband compliant. I know the DN models are but are the CN? Can the CN's be bumped up to a DN with the narrowband if they arent. Can they be cloned or is that a labtool fix?

We have a few BN and very few AN's Those may be headed to the reserve rigs soon.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: HT1000 narrowband compatability?

Post by MTS2000des »

the DN's are the only ones that can do true narrowband, and there is no way to retrofit an AN, BN or CN to do narrowband. It isn't a simple lab job, it's a hardware (newer RF board) and firmware (new controller) as the radio is NOT flash upgradeable. It isn't cost effective to change out any hardware as the cost would exceed the value of the radio. Cheaper to replace...
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

DN's are compliant don't believe the CN's are. No way to upgrade short of changing out the controller
for the high stability DN type.
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

oye....

BN,CN,DN are ALL Narrowband compliant. They will all do 12.5khz spacing.

HOWEVER, if you are going to use a "splinter" channel IE: 155.0025, 154.1075, 155.3925 you MUST have a DN version radio. Only DN will accept those freq's.

Search the forum, it's been covered many times...

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

i have some CN's that do narrow band and i thought all CN and DN models would.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

If the CN's arent narrowband its good. I can justify the department to upgrade. The DN's would go into reserve rigs and spares.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”