XTS25000...Am I missing something

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pluto1914
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few APXs

XTS25000...Am I missing something

Post by pluto1914 »

1. Does the power up tone only come out of the radio spkr and not the RSM?

2. I am trying to program the keypad lock to also lock the rotary lock. I tried this using Radio Config > Radio Wide > Advanced > Radio Switch Lock Enable, however enabling this does not appear to work, the only thing that locks is the front keypad.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

David
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: XTS25000...Am I missing something

Post by Josh »

pluto1914 wrote:1. Does the power up tone only come out of the radio spkr and not the RSM?

2. I am trying to program the keypad lock to also lock the rotary lock. I tried this using Radio Config > Radio Wide > Advanced > Radio Switch Lock Enable, however enabling this does not appear to work, the only thing that locks is the front keypad.

Thanks!

David
The answer to number one is 'yes'. All Ast0r radios I've played with do that for whatever reason. All audio after the power up beep is correctly routed, however.
libuff

Post by libuff »

pluto1914 wrote:1. Does the power up tone only come out of the radio spkr and not the RSM?

Thanks!

David

#1 - Yes, it seems that the accy port is initialized AFTER the self-test, weirdness...
#2 - i agree the need for that lock on the rotary dial, you have selected the RIGHT options, i don't exactly understand why thats not working. just to confirm, you have the check box ENABLED that is CHECKED?
pluto1914
Batboard $upporter

Post by pluto1914 »

The Rotary Switch Lock Enable is checked. Strange...
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

What's the firmware version in that 2500? I don't think the "Rotary Lock" came out until rev 8.00.00..

So even though you are using newer CPS which shows that checkbox option, your radio might not know what that is yet if you have firmware older than R08.00.00

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
pluto1914
Batboard $upporter

Post by pluto1914 »

I think that is probably it...the firmware on the radio is R06.01.00.

Thank you.
pluto1914
Batboard $upporter

Post by pluto1914 »

What is the latest firmware?

MPL...

Can the MPL be programmed to use the PL defined in the CPS, but allow the user to change it if they so desire?
Last edited by pluto1914 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Host R10.00.01 / DSP R10.00.00

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
libuff

Post by libuff »

pluto1914 wrote: Can the MPL be programmed to use the PL defined in the CPS, but allow the user to change it if they so desire?
no, enabling MPL on a given channel will grey-out the PL/DPL box...
DES-AJ
What radios do you own?: Too many...

Post by DES-AJ »

Mfire39 wrote:What's the firmware version in that 2500? I don't think the "Rotary Lock" came out until rev 8.00.00..

So even though you are using newer CPS which shows that checkbox option, your radio might not know what that is yet if you have firmware older than R08.00.00

-Marc
I have above rev 8 and my rotary zone lock never works either, even though it's enabled in the CPS. I've never been able to get this working on 3k's either. :x
AES AND DES ARE NOT CCI's - YOU CAN EXPORT THEM IF YOU WANT - Wassenaar Arrangement

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”