M1225 ACC Pinout?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

M1225
What radios do you own?: VHF M1225, Yaesu FT2800M

M1225 ACC Pinout?

Post by M1225 »

Looking for the correct pinout for the 1225 Image

This one seems to be incorrect. Ext mic audio is showing 8 volts and no RX audio present at pin 11.
The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!
Al

Re: M1225 ACC Pinout?

Post by Al »

The drawing that you're using looks correct. You *should* have 8-9.6 VDC on the ext mic input because that's the bias voltage for the amplifier and electret element in whatever mic is used with the unit. Rx audio is low level audio at 4-600 mv, unbalanced to ground, so you can't simply connect a speaker to that pin, you need a power anplifier if you're going to drive a speaker.
M1225
What radios do you own?: VHF M1225, Yaesu FT2800M

Post by M1225 »

Here is what I was aiming for http://www.storm.ca/~nand/990/RICK/rptr.pdf Using the M1225 and a maxtrac for a bidirectional setup. I was able to key the radios but thats about all. i was testing the setup one way with the maxtrac being the RX radio and was not geting any audio out of the m1225 on TX. Maybe the maxtracs pinout is the one in question?
Image I was able to get the RX audio out of pin 11 though with a very small speaker.
The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Both pinouts are correct, as far as the numbers go. The Maxtrac picture is shown as though one were looking at the connector on the back of the radio. The M1225 does not appear to be shown that way...it's been a while since I looked at which way the accessory plug goes into the M1225, but I believe it goes in "tab down", just like the Maxtrac. So, is it possible you're not looking at the correct pins on the M1225? If it plugs in 'tab down', use the Maxtrac pinout for both.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”