Minitor V Questions

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mg3610

Minitor V Questions

Post by mg3610 »

Hi all,

Just got a minitor V recently and have a few questions on programming. I have the programming equipment, but have encountered the less than helpful help index provided by Motorola.

Can someone explain the on/off duty option to me. When you select the check box in the position switch menu, it appears to enable the on/off duty option for each tone. I need some help understanding what this allows me to do....see below.

My desired setup is selcall audible position A-6 tone sets, selcall position B same tones-vibrate, scan F1/F2 potition C with alerting capability on F1 and selcall audible on position D with only one of the tone sets thats in the list for F1

What is silent scan?

What is Probability Scan?

Wide band check box....please explain. i believe our frequencies of .1975 and .2575 are narrow band, correct? I assume this box would be unchecked?

The amp charger has a flashing red ligt, steady red light and green light. What do they each mean. How long does a charge take, and then how long does it last before a recharge?

I still dont understand the coding options. If I want multiple tones, it appears R168 is my only option. Is there a link to an diots guide the what exactly all the tone coding options actually mean?

Thanks ahead of time!

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”