programmed cdm1550 shows unprogrammed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wb4wxd

programmed cdm1550 shows unprogrammed

Post by wb4wxd »

Hello and thanks for the help. I have not seen this one before. i was sent to reprogram a customer's cdm1550-ls which was supposedly unprogramed. They did not by the radio from us, it came with the outfitted cop car, which is ok by me. Anyway the radio flashes HCSO, the label on the first channel, and thens shows unprogramed on the screen. I can read it and all the channels are programmed, the personalities are assigned to zone 1 (the only zone) and the scan list is complete. Everything else looks normal.
Appreciate any thoughts on this

Jeff
Palestine, Texas
cablemonkey

Re: programmed cdm1550 shows unprogrammed

Post by cablemonkey »

Is there anything connected to the accessory conn. ? We have a bunch of 1550's on VEGA desk set interfaces and this is what they display when there's a problem with the cable or controller.

Check the acc. port config in the codeplug.

-C.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

try dumping a default one channel codeplug into it
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I had a new CMD1550 about like that. The depot replaced the eeprom.pa-rf.
"The world runs on radio."
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

Uncheck the Option board box under the advanced tab in the first two Conventional personalities. That will disable the Passport board and removed the unprogrammed message from your screen.

Return to “Radio Programming”