Minitor IV Programming problems... (Com port issue?)

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

drinkeii
New User

Minitor IV Programming problems... (Com port issue?)

Post by drinkeii »

I obtained a functional Minitor IV SV a week or so ago, and can't get it to work right along with the programmer. I know the programming software and docks work, because someone in our department was using them prior to me obtaining them. He's unavailable for questions at this time.

Here's what's happening...

I plug the programmer into the com1 port of my computer. Sometimes it will read the codeplug off of the pagers. Sometimes it will not, saying a serial port error - about 50% of the time. Most of the time, if I go into the system settings and disable, and then reenable the com port, it works fine for the next read. Writing? Worked once... and only once. I am constantly getting com port serial errors.

This happened on 2 computers - one with XP and 1 com port, and on win 98, with 2 com ports.

This is driving me nutz! The first time I got it to work, I got what I believed to be the programming done - the new pager received on the two frequencies that it needed to - but didn't alert on either set of tones programmed in.

I'm having a heck of a time with this.

Any comments/helpful hints?

Dave Rinke
rinkeref@yahoo.com
sourapple613

Re: Minitor IV Programming problems... (Com port issue?)

Post by sourapple613 »

I had the same problem before with some I have programmed.

Try pushing down on the pager when its in the cradle.. That fixed the issue with me. It wasnt tight enough in the cradle.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”