"error 0 81"????

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

themedic66

"error 0 81"????

Post by themedic66 »

Hello,

If a saber 2 powers up and displays "error 0 81" and does not emit a sound, what would this indicate??

Thanks!!!!
"It's all in a days' work"--LAPD/LAFD
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: "error 0 81"????

Post by FireCpt809 »

corrupted codeplug. Reprogram with a new code plug .. If you search the fourms its one of the most talked about Saber error codes.
Zack08

Post by Zack08 »

Sounds like somebody has a loose programming cable....

I almost freaked the first time I did that to one, but was surprised to find out that they are so easily revivable.

Heck, I spent a couple hours one day purposely trashing codeplugs and forcing different codeplugs in to make the radio think it was something else. Obviously I didnt come up with anything special, but I was bored and it gave me a little more experience. :lol:
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

some radios are intentionally blanked with a Err code by the department that surpluses them. Or someone who is using a too fast of a computer can do it too.. Its very fixable

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”