Mostar programming?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rayjk110
Banned

Mostar programming?

Post by Rayjk110 »

What type of programmer do you use to program a Mostar? (I would assume some sort of suit case programmer... I didn't find any mention of RSS correlated to them.) I recently was given a couple of these by a friend, and while they have absolutely stellar TX and RX sensitivity, I'd like to put them on a frequency that is actually useable to me.
Zack08

Re: Mostar programming?

Post by Zack08 »

They might have had a suitcase programmer for them, but I know there is also a DOS RSS for the VHF/UHF conventional radios. I think it is the trunked radios that are programmed only by a suitcase programmer and a MIB.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

check with Andy Brinkley, he might be able to help you out getting your Mostar's programmed.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

M.I.B. : Mostar Interface Box, Mostar is pretty useless these days, I hope you have a good application for them. I'm sure KC8RYW could write a book on issues with them, I couldn't though- never had one. I had a traxar once though lol.
Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Post by Andy Brinkley »

The conventional Mostars (VHF and UHF) can be programmed via:
R-1801 Suitcase
Epson HX-20 Laptop
Mostar Interface Box (MIB) with the Mostar software.

Each method of programming has its advantages and disadvantages. Lately I have had some come in for programming and the eeproms would not reprogram, which is to be expected after 20+ years. Swap out with a new eeprom and they are ready to go.

The conventional Mostars did not have the microphonics issues that the trunked ones did, but it is a good practive to put a dab of Deoxit on all of the control board screws and to tighten them to the correct torque.

Shoot me a PM, we program the Mostars along with most other older commercial two way equipment.
Andy / NC4AB

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”