Trunking ISW

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Kevin212

Trunking ISW

Post by Kevin212 »

Can anybody tell me how to find the proper ISW value for a type II smartnet trunking system? Is it possible without test equipment? Still having trunking problems. Radio is a Astro Saber II. Most of the trunking values were cloned from a XTS2500 on the same system. I cant not receive anything. When I adjust the ISW to the default FF20 value, I can key up and get the talk permit tone, but no repeater feedback or audio on receive. Speaker works fine beacause I can transmit and receive on conventional channels. Sounds great. Please any help would be great !!!
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

Are you using a real/legit system key? If so, then that info should be there.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Re: Trunking ISW

Post by MotoFAN »

ISW value present in legit system key file?
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Re: Trunking ISW

Post by Twisted_Pear »

You shouldn't ever have to mess with the ISW timing. It's not something you experiment with to see what happens. I would say your problem is somewhere else but there's not enough data to go off.

And no, there's no system data in a system key. The key is just an encrypted file specifying its use with its system.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”