R2600B display problem.

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bernie
Batboard $upporter

R2600B display problem.

Post by bernie »

My two bits worth:
Now it is my turn: My R2600B started to develop a horizontal fold over, which got worse until the display went out completely.
My manual treats the display board as a non reparable item to be replaced if it fails.
I am planning to remove the board and test all the components in the Horizontal section.
Any advice Dave?
Aloha, Bernie
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2600B display problem.

Post by DJP126 »

Aloha Bernie,

Sorry pal, even in the depot, they never provided us with the parts list for that board, we had to replace.
Dave
bernie
Batboard $upporter

Post by bernie »

My Two bits worth:
I wonder what a replacement costs, if it is even available.
I notice that it is not a standard monitor that uses NTSC video.
The PCB looks like a Motorola design, in that it seems to have a Motorola part number etched on the board.
The manual indicates 2 boards, mine has only one. The label on the CRT indicates that it runs on +/- 12V, but is supplied only with +12V.
So far, I have not found any components that are out of spec.

I do note that there is an RGB jack on the side of the unit, 7" Color LCD displays are available.
Aloha, Bernie
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

Try replacing all the electrolytic capsitors,this is known problem with all units.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

bernie wrote:My Two bits worth:
I wonder what a replacement costs, if it is even available.
I notice that it is not a standard monitor that uses NTSC video.
And for this be thankful - I don't know of any equipment that uses Never The Same Color internally - they would use some form of either straight black-and-white video with separate sync or RGB (e.g. digital EGA for the 1600) or a direct-to-panel format (e.g. COM-120(ABC)).
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”