IFR 1500

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy Corbin

IFR 1500

Post by Andy Corbin »

Well, I got my IFR 1500 last week and it is certainly a nice machine. I've been looking for a newer monitor for awhile but whatever I got had to have the spectrum analyzer and tracking generator. Has one minor bug where it has an "N.V. RAM checksum error", other passes the self tests. This is no big deal to me. If I want to test a radio, I just punch in what I want and deal with it. Pretty impressed with the frequency stability. It is consitantly within 4-5hz accuracy (measured using GPS based frequency standard into a Systron Donner counter) at 999mhz. When I hook the external standard to the 1500 that error of course drops to "0". The digital attenuator reads only in "dbm". I wish it were in both "dbm" and volts but again, that is not a big deal for me either.

It is replacing a Cushman CE50SA/TG which is still in good working condition (anyone intersted? Its going to Dayton).

This makes the 2nd IFR machine I own. Also have an IFR500A.

Also have a Motorola 2400 but think I will keep that around for as a backup bench unit.

Andy
d119

Re: IFR 1500

Post by d119 »

I believe that version of the IFR 1500 is known as the FM/AM 1500S/A. I too have the same unit and enjoy it very much when I do use it... Most of my personal stuff just comes to work with me and I work on it on the bench there. But the 1500 at home works quite well, it's a great monitor. Tracking gen and cable fault included too!

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”