What search terms do you use?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Wowbagger
Aeroflex

What search terms do you use?

Post by Wowbagger »

When you are looking for radio gear - especially test equipment - what words do you plug into search engines to find info?
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
Andy Corbin

Re: What search terms do you use?

Post by Andy Corbin »

[quote][/quote]

"service monitor" or "communications analyzer". (this is on Ebay). Occasionally, I will get a bunch of hits on items I have no interest in. Often times, the seller is listing the same item multiple times. If that persists, I modify the search to exclude certain words or terms.
cablemonkey

Post by cablemonkey »

I never go that route. I usually call the local sales guys and ask them what's new, or talk to them at local trade shows. That, or go directly to manufacturers' web sites for the same thing.

Sometimes I will call the sales guy up and say I need a "whatever" and ask them what they've got that will do the job. I think google searches and the like typically don't return really relevant results.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

cablemonkey wrote:I never go that route. I usually call the local sales guys and ask them what's new, or talk to them at local trade shows. That, or go directly to manufacturers' web sites for the same thing.
And how do you find the manufacturers' web sites?
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
cablemonkey

Post by cablemonkey »

Wowbagger wrote: And how do you find the manufacturers' web sites?
There aren't really that many players in the game.

MRT and Mobile Radio Resource equpiment buying guide issues can be pretty handy as well.

Overall, I'd have to say that a good relationship with the local test equipment vendors works well for me.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”