fuse tap question........

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

fuse tap question........

Post by jrm5265 »

Back when I had my shop I had for my installers the regularsize and mini size blade fuse taps, I cannot remember where I bought them but it looked like somebody had drilled down into a blade fuse and soldered a wire down in there but they were professionally done, I looked at DavidLevy where I used to get some supplies and they sell one but its fancier and ALOT more money anybody know the source on those or has anybody seen the ones that I am describing, I guess I could make them myslelf but rather buy them ready to go.

Joe
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Re: fuse tap question........

Post by jrm5265 »

answered my own question
accessafuse.com
is an option

but would still like to find the ones that had wire coming off if anybody knows
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Tessco carries them, last I checked.

That said - such a device should never come anywhere close to any sort of emergency vehicle. Unreliable crap.
cablemonkey

Post by cablemonkey »

Those things are nothing but service call generators.
VehicleSolutions

Post by VehicleSolutions »

I agree with the masses, after 13 years in the install biz the only thing I ever use is the add a tap system with 2 fuses, one for the circuit you tapped and one for the product your adding.
Ryan Shanower
Vehicle Solutions
1015 Kenyon Ave. NW.
Massillon, Ohio 44647
vehicle.solutions@yahoo.com

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”