IFR 1600 master reset

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firevet

IFR 1600 master reset

Post by firevet »

Hi all,
I have an IFR 1600 that is failing the last 9 of the 23 self tests.
Is there ANY master reset that MIGHT MAYBE clear it all out?

I am prepared to return it to the mother ship for repair but would rather not.

Also, what are your prefered repair centers East of the Mississippi?

Thanks
Dwight
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

my 2 cents -- when your dealing with calibration equipment. or service monitors like your case.. Its best to get it fixed.....
since I work for the city of xxx... we have someome who repairs them.
and we always have a spare & one in the van.
don't recall a master reset??
jacky
New User

Re: IFR 1600 master reset

Post by jacky »

the major symtoms of the test set fail, is the calibration is out of range !

if you go to the master reset, you can ( if you have a chance) to remove mostly test set fail.

the best way is a calibration method. and I know ( I repair this test set ) you need a couple of
hours to resolve the problem is you dont have experience of this test set !

you can also try cheaper option, is the all master reset . after that way, if the self test dont pass
again, you need a good calibration.

Regards
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: IFR 1600 master reset

Post by Wowbagger »

It would be helpful to know which tests are failing - the whole point of BIST is to localize faults.

When you run a self test, the first thing that happens is that the instrument is put into a known state - there is no "factory reset" that will do more than what is done automatically at the start of the self test.

Depending upon what tests are failing, it may be nothing a simple calibration wouldn't fix.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”