cdm 1250 control from a remote location

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hqradio
New User

cdm 1250 control from a remote location

Post by hqradio »

hello everyone,
i need help setting up 2 cdm 1250's so that i can turn on 1 of them from a remote location,
it's actually a repeater...

i have some idea's
(let's call the receving radio "radio1" and the xmit radio "radio2"

1) auxillary control sent from radio1 to ignition sense of radio2
2) auxillary control sent from radio1 to channel select1\2\3\4 of radio2

any one have an other idea, or that can help me set up 1 of my idea's please reply.

thank you!!
FatBoy

Re: cdm 1250 control from a remote location

Post by FatBoy »

Could you tell us what you are trying to accomplish and what you have available? There is a lot of collective knowledge available, but as such the better info you provide equals better info provided back to you. FatBoy.
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......
hqradio
New User

Post by hqradio »

what i'm trying to set up is a repeater.
i would like to turn it on from a remote location, like: my office, or from the field.
so, the repeater is going to be a backup repeater, if the primary repeater goes off for some reason, i would like to turn on the backup repeater. Now, i need to be able to turn it back off cuz if the primary repeater goes back on, it will make us lot's and lot's of headaches!!

so, can anyone help?
thanks in advance.

RadioHeadquarters.
firemedic

Post by firemedic »

I know the GR300 setup with the RICK supported remote setup/nock-down for the repeater functions using a MDC code. I figure the CDM series the same can be acomplished using the pins and programming. Never done it with the CDM but got a GR doing it right now so I figure it can be done.
Keith Dobbins N8KLD
IT Mainframe Network Engineer
W8TAP Repeater Group
Repeater Technician
Parkersburg, WV

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”