MCS2000 Out Of Band

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

MCS2000 Out Of Band

Post by kb0nly »

Ok, i edited the .exe file in the CPS to move the bottom of the range from 146 to 144 and it would now allow me to enter frequencies below 146 and even program the radio.

The radio functions on these 144/145 repeater splits but one problem. Whenever i select one of these modes i get the little flag symbol on the display, i think its the call symbol looking at the user guide. If i shut off the radio and turn it back on the flag stays, but if i select a mode above 146 and then turn it off and on the little flag goes away until i select one of the out of band modes again and it comes back on.

It doesn't seem to affect the operation, it transmits and receives fine on the out of band modes, the power output is right on, etc.. But why does this little flag symbol come on then??
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage

Return to “Radio Programming”