motorola tone remote

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nb1h
New User
What radios do you own?: pretty much everything

motorola tone remote

Post by nb1h »

Hello

I have a motorola T1605CM that I plan on connecting to my m1225 radio. I am aware that I need a termination panel in the middle, but I'm pretty new at this so I'm looking for some info. I can find plenty of info online about the termination panel so I'm mroe concerned about the remote itself.

I can't find anything on the net about the T1605Cm. Is this part of a larger series that I can research? How do I tell if I have a DC remote or a tone remote? It has a F1/F2 switch, and I'm wondering if the unit is upgradable with any other switches (high/low power or repeater/direct maybe)?
Jim202

Re: motorola tone remote

Post by Jim202 »

There are a couple of ways to figure out what you have. One way would be to take a current meter and a
resistor of say 100 to maybe 500 ohms and connect them in series with the output terminals. Key the mic
and see if you see something like 5 ma on the current meter. If you see any current, you have a DC remote.
The second way would be to cap couple an audio amp across the output terminals and listen for a series of
short tones as you first key the remote. If you hear a couple of short tone bursts then it is a tome remote.
These tones will be 120 milliseconds of 2175 Hz, then 40 milliseconds of 1950 Hz tone (F1). If you have a good
audio amp, you will hear a very low level 2175 Hz tone for the duration of keeping the remote keyed.

Hope this will let you figure out what you have.

Jim

nb1h wrote:Hello

I have a motorola T1605CM that I plan on connecting to my m1225 radio. I am aware that I need a termination panel in the middle, but I'm pretty new at this so I'm looking for some info. I can find plenty of info online about the termination panel so I'm mroe concerned about the remote itself.

I can't find anything on the net about the T1605Cm. Is this part of a larger series that I can research? How do I tell if I have a DC remote or a tone remote? It has a F1/F2 switch, and I'm wondering if the unit is upgradable with any other switches (high/low power or repeater/direct maybe)?
d119

Re: motorola tone remote

Post by d119 »

nb1h wrote:Hello

Probably going to be difficult to find parts for the T1600 series remotes. IIRC, they supported a T8R8 configuration at maximum. They can also be equipped with features such as DVP ON/OFF, Alert Tone, a clock, a VU meter (analog), PL select, I've seen units with DTMF pads, etc.

Best to scour eBay for things like that.

If you want something a bit more modern and still affordable and programmable, have a look at the T5600 series remotes.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”