Minitor IV Freq Problem

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sscfpdff
New User

Minitor IV Freq Problem

Post by sscfpdff »

Can someone help identify what is happening with my Minitor IV? I've had the pager for years and it has been trouble free until recently when it began to miss pages/transmissions on the assiged frequency of 154.3250 mhz. Instead, it has begun to randomly receive broadcasts from the National Weather Service (freq 162.xxx). The NWS frequency is outside the split range of my pager (151 - 158.9999). I've checked all of the user variables vis PPS and everything looks good.
arlojanis

Re: Minitor IV Freq Problem

Post by arlojanis »

There are solder joints that need to be resoldered. Do a board search for details.
"The world runs on radio."
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

sscfpdff
New User

Post by sscfpdff »

Thanks to both of you for responding to my question. I'm pleased to report that I was able to disassemble the pager and as suggested resolder the pins on the rf ic. Reassembled pager and it works like there was never an issue. Guess I'll have to catch weather reports on the tube like most others do! Thanks again!!

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”