GB300 rx radio PL Muting problems?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

shadowman

GB300 rx radio PL Muting problems?

Post by shadowman »

gday all i have a GB300 here wich consists of two faceless m120 and a poverty control board behind a 19inch faceplate wich has 1 Mic connector , a on/off volume dial a few leds and a switch for TX/RX wich switches the radio in wich the mic connector is working for. im trying to use a PL tone on the RX radio as it has been set up as a repeater but it currently opens up for any PL or no PL tone at all wich makes it a little to public for my liking, usualy to fix this on the GR300 and other gm300/m120 wich have faces on them i use a RJ45 with two pins linked in the mic connector but this does not work for the GB300 so im looking for a alternate solution? any ideas ?
thanks all
Shadowman
Will

Re: GB300 rx radio PL Muting problems?

Post by Will »

You are close, the HUB, mic hang-up, must be grounded on the receiver radio.
shadowman

Post by shadowman »

cool thanks, im going to have top find this point on the front pins of the radio because they have no faces on them or inside the radio and make a hard link inside . either that or i do the astro mod on it and run astro :)
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Unless he constructed the shorting plug wrong, there should be a ground pin in the mic jack.
shadowman

Post by shadowman »

plug is correct , they work on REAL gm300 and m120 but because this unit has no faces on the radios and their is no mic hook pin on the plug on the 19 inch front plate. only ground ptt and mic audio im prety sure. so i need to find hook line the radio on the front pins or inside the unit on the PCB.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”