Pop Under Windows (Not Related To Browsers)

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ryujin
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS2500

Pop Under Windows (Not Related To Browsers)

Post by ryujin »

I generally tend to program, or type a lot, but as a multitasker, I open a program, then go back to my text editor, SDK, etc.. Windows then pop up, and interrupt my typing. Is there some magic registry key, or setting that makes newly opened programs pop under the window in focus? I am using Windows 7 right now, so if you need to be OS specific, then that is the OS to shoot for this working with. I am open to third party tools that force this, if they are trust worthy, as this is a very annoying thing to me. Thanks
-Ryu Jin

"Brilliance is simply the art of planning ahead."
-Brizon
Al

Re: Pop Under Windows (Not Related To Browsers)

Post by Al »

Sounds like what you're looking for is the Windows 7 version of tweakui, which Microsoft made available for Win 98 through Win XP. If it's available from the Microsoft downloads area I believe that it'll do what you want, because it has a setting that'll prevent applications from stealing focus(the Windows XP version *may* work with Windows 7, but I haven't tried it).
ryujin
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS2500

Re: Pop Under Windows (Not Related To Browsers)

Post by ryujin »

The only reference I could find to TweakUI for Windows Vista/7 is Ultimate Windows Tweaker (perhaps a renaming done by MS) It doesn't seem to have that feature, but I'm still hoping to find it. Thanks.

PS: If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.
-Ryu Jin

"Brilliance is simply the art of planning ahead."
-Brizon

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”